Big decision - coiling or not

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jan,

Shall be thinking of you on the 31st and wishing you all the very best....xx

From all of the information that I've gathered over the years, flying (even after a SAH) is okay, as long as you're feeling up to it.

Gill has given good advice re: travel/holiday insurance ... it's probably wise to check over the small print for any eventuality.

A holiday sounds like just the ticket! xxxx

Jan - good luck for the op, i'm sure you will be fine.

June 1st - it will all be over & a holiday is a great way to celebrate!! As I said before, waking up from an elective coiling was totally different to waking up from a post bleed emergency op. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Will be thinking of you on 31st.

Michelle xx

Thanks for all your good vibes. Think I will have to keep busy for the next 18 days as everytime I get a quiet moment I can feel the what if's starting in my head. Keep telling myself not to be a drama queen.

Jan x

Hi Jan,

You're definitely not a drama queen! Just a normal human being that has the same worries as the rest of us on here, if we had to go back for more surgery .... hope that the next 18 days fly past for you. If you need to talk about the "what if's" or your worries then sound off on here ... we'll all be with you. xx

Hi Jan,

I don't know if this will help you but when I was waiting to go in for the elective coiling, I was very worried and full of what ifs too. Whenever I got like that, I tried to look forward to waking up after the op with the knowledge that the anni was fixed so there wouldn't be the daily worry of it bursting. Thinking about that helped a little bit.

Michelle x

Thanks to you all and Michelle, thanks for the advice. I will try and follow that - I've already got a holiday to look forward to and will arrange for some smaller events to look forward to after 1st June. My daughters are also really positive and keep telling me that as I did so well recovering from the SAH, this will be a doddle. And I daren't go against them - they are pretty formidable when they get together haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Luck Jan :-)

Theresa (my sister) goes into the JR tomorrow for elective coiling on Wednesday. She had the call last week only two days after going back to work. On her check up, on the 13th May the Consultant said she would probably go in in 5 weeks or so.

Our other sister is going up from Devon to be with her whilst she is in Hospital which she has been told will only be until Friday as long as it all goes well ( fingers crossed - well actually thats me being superstitious again!)

Theresa is so brave as are all of you... xxx

Just to update.

Theresa was in surgery for a few hours but the Professor was unable to get at the 7mm aneurysm to coil it due to its location (front of head) I don't know anymore than this at the moment, will update further when Theresa has had a visit from the medical team.

All she wanted was for it to be coiled so that she could get on with living without the fear of it bursting like the first one.

Ps - So hope Jan has better news.