My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul

Just want to say that you are a star and an inspiration and I admire you hugely. Even with everything going on in your world right now you still always have time for others. I think of you and Lin a lot and hope that things continue to improve for you both.

With love

Sarah xxx

Guest ElaineW

"A privilege to look after" - that was so lovely, you should be really proud of yourself for your dedicated committment, Lin is so lucky to have you.

Elaine

hi everyone

thank you for all the messages it really helps and that is what is making me stronger as the days go by you may or not know how much your words have helped me with the support you all offer and the choices i will have to make as the days go on because you have all been there and got the tea shirt thats what matters informed support thank you so very much now to the important part lin

got there early lin was being put back to bed when i got there after being in the chair for 4 hours lin was tired and very promptly fell asleep looking like sleeping beauty my nick name for her along with honeybun i want to know how she looks so perishing beautifull all the time whats the secret does anyone know ? lin woke up after an hour got the goosey look again wow then angela the physio came round and did some more neuro excersises and i joined in as angela did one side i did the other so we worked together and lin started heavy breathing which angela told me was a good thing so we did 30 mins and lin fell asleep again bless her and at 4-30 the ent turned up and DOWNSIZED LINS TRACI at long last yippeeee !!!!!!!!!!! lin was worried when she felt them moving the traci about but holding her hand reasured me but not really sure it helped lin was a little bit of blood but all in all he knew what he was doing and within seconds he had replaced it with a smaller inner tube and will be popping in tommorrow to make sure lins ok i think lin is finding it different and she has to cough to try and clear it but also has to cleaned a little more often but hopefully she will manage to cope lin has also now got a water infection due to the catheter which is normal and they have started treatment already to clear it up so things are moving again at long last i got the flowers set up for next tuesday and the ballons the staff have given me cart blanch and i have seen someone for her cake enough for the ward and staff might even ask if she can have a very small tipple on tuesday he he use the sponge for cleaning her mouth with the small tipple on so she can taste it then put some down her peg so she gets the feeling as well but that all depends on the dr oh lin will be sixty but looks a hell of a lot younger well i think so well thats all for tonight i think so we will wish you all a goodnight with lots of love lin and me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest mojojojo

Hello Paul

Hey progress huh..... the downsize is something i know you pused for so i am so happy to see things are moving forward for you, sounds like next Tuesday will be a celebration. You go for it boy. Great to see you happy Paul stay in there. Sending you both my love.

Sharon xxxx

Hey Paul

That's great news about Lin's traci - onwards and upwards hun. I love reading your posts on how Lin's doing it sets me up for the rest of my day. As for the reason she looking so perishingly beautiful is because she's in love with someone who is just as much in love with her - it's all down to you my friend.

Take care and give a cuddle from me (and have one yourself too :wink: )

Speak soon

Love Sami xxx

Hi Paul and lin,

FANTASTICS NEWS, so pleased the traci's been finally downsized brilliant :D

Have another brilliant day, As i have said before Paul, you and Lin love each other very very much and you will both get through this, keep strong and you both have another good day, well done Lin and You.

Love and a huge bucket full of hugs to you both

Michell C xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest ElaineW

Great news and one we have all been waiting to hear, a day you have been waiting for for so long. I remember they took my mum's out the day before her birthday which was perfect timing and the best pressie she could have but Lin's day will come for that too. Love the mouth wash idea - speak nicely to the nurses and they may put it in her drip for the day!!!!!

Catch up soon

Elaine x

hi everyone

had a very nice day lin was in the chair and more aware of what was going on got the looks all day and i melted all over the floor god she does it to me when i leasr expect it those look not only melt me they make me go goosey lin was put back to bed at 2-30 had a nap till 3 then was awake most of the day i put my hands on her right hand on her tummy and wether it was intentional or accident lin moved her left hand and almost covered my hands that made my day it really did talked to her a lot and got double blinks all in the right places lin has managed the downsizeing well it fenistrated so she can breath through her mouth and nose so things are going nicely and its so peacefull as well it would have been nice if i hadnt turned to get into bed last night and ricked my back i think ive pulled muscles its painfull but if i didnt move it was paradise best day for ages looks like the traci may not be removed untill at least a week so just wait and see but my darling is moving in the right direction i spoke to the stroke cooordinator with my idea of six months and she actully agreed surprised me a lot got an appointment with the consultant monday 2pm he wanted to see me but he was informed i wanted to see him as well nice bloke i will try the sponge on the tounge tursday but they have just started lin on antibiotics so i will have to be carefull as booze and antibiotics dont mix but i will try thought it would be nice for lin but i will have to wait and see thats it for tonight night night god bless from lin and me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Paul

Thanks for the PM bless you.

See, you've set me up for my day again with good news of Lin. Can't wait til she's home with you and feeling better - sounds like she's improving on a daily basis, which is wonderful. Say Hi to her for me and sending more hugs to you both.

Lots of love

Sami xxxx

hi everyone just got back

a very quite day today lin not very playfull at all at first but she did look at me later and looked as she was going to cry put my head touching her and she closed her eyes and her lips moved so i kissed her and got such a wonderfull look when i pulled away so we touched heads again i think she knows it me and it felt so nice to be able to do that no phyio today not sure why maybe time not sure but will ask next week but just a beautifull day holding and touching they are looking at moving lin as soon as poss maybe late next week so will have to wait and see dont really want to leave stafford as we have got used to the staff who have been wonderfull and so caring and genuine but move we will have to if lins going to make anymore progress and thats what it is all about i was asked if i had any plans for christmas i told them im going to push lin over and get in with her for the day and cuddle her rotten and the same for new year got some very funny looks thats all for today im going to take a tablet and go to bed take care love from lin and me xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest mojojojo

Paul,

I remember all the Staff so well in Frenchay, it's great they are leaving you a positive impression. I got to know the people on the wards so well and it was sad when went to her Local hospital, in fact it was hard so be prepard for the change in enviroment.

I currently work on a planned orthopaedic ward, i hope i leave a good impression on the there patients too.

Sending you a cuddle for the weekend

Take Care

Sharon xx

Archived