It does get better

Guest Shiree

Guest Shiree

Hi all,

Today it has been one year since my SAH. It has been a rough ride getting here, and I am one who is very fortunate in my recovery.

I expected to be fully recovered within 3 months, but looking back now I was dreaming and setting unrealistic expectations. I kept on pushing my body and in hindsight probably didn't do myself any favours. These last 12 months I have cried more, than in my lifetime. All these tears of self pity and frustration. Some days I just felt so awful, physically and emotionally and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnell, but I have written this to tell you that it really does get better, ok its a slow road, but it gets you there.

Today I am back at work full time (yes driving my beloved truck) and doing more or less everything I did before the SAH. I still get rotten headaches, but not like I used to. I don't seem to get too tired either (at this stage). The thing that really bugs me now is my weight, but so far I have not gone back to the smokes (but still would love one!!!). My memory is ok, just sometimes I can't seem to think of a particular word (no one seems to notice though) I have not had any dizziness for at least 4 months, but seem to get quite a few muscle tics.

Mentally I am better too, the SAH does not occupy my thoughts 24/7 like it used to. I still worry that it will happen again, and the thought that I could of have been gone for a year is quite overwhelming... but I am here and doing good.

I hope this helps someone with their recovery....It really does get better. :D

If anyone wants to ask me anything at all about my recovery - please feel free.

big hugs

Shiree xox

SHIREE

HAPPY 1ST ANNI - VERSARY X X X X X

Well done to you love, what an achievement and a rollercoaster x x

I know we are all different in our recoverys x x I STILL have dizzy days some are really bad ( but ? its around womens times :roll: )

I'm so happy for you getting back to your job and doing what you love x x x keep smiling x x

love donna x x x x

Hi Shiree :D:D:D So lovely to hear from you...HAPPY 1ST ANNI-VERSARY !!! Wow...it is so good to hear how well you are doing...and yes it does help others alot....i have just had a blip in my recovery...but back on track again! :D

Shiree, i hope you celebrate in style.....you deserve it....and so pleased you are back driving your beloved truck :D Made my day!!!!!

Take care Shiree my friend xxx

Lots of love to you, Tina xx

Hi Shiree,

Congratulations on reaching your 1st annie-versary! :D

It is always lovely to hear people's recovery stories and an update on their progress ...... it definetly does help others that follow, especially for those in their early weeks and months.

Well done and I hope that you are able to celebrate your day....

Love K xx

Hey Shiree

Happy First Anni-Versary hun - it's a great milestone to reach and it was round about that time that I felt I had finally turned a corner too.

You've done remarkably well in the last year and have been inspirational in your fight and your journey.

So glad too, that you're driving your beloved truck again - like Tina said, has made my day.

Take care hun

Love Sami xxx

Congratulations and very best wishes Shiree, go girl with your beloved truck. I'm so pleased for you :!: I do understand that battle as we all do, the main thing is we can show just who the tough guys are, but of course only with support like BTG :) I am very close to my own first anni now just 17 days away, I'll update everyone on my progress then, and it surely is progress.

My partner and I are going out for dinner on the actual one year anniversary, we just want to show (it) and ourselves who is boss :wink:

Guest Shiree

Thanks so much guys :D

You are all wonderful. I could not have got through this without you.

Sending all my luv to you all

Shiree xox

Hi Shiree

HAPPY 1ST YEAR ANNI-VERSARY sorry its a bit late.

Wow i didnt know you drove a truck how brilliiant you are and how far you have come, heres to the next year. :D

Hope you had a lovely day.

Love luck and laughter

Michelle cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Shiree,

Reading your story was enlightening. I feel exactly the same way about my own recovery: want to get back to normal ASAP. If I'm honest I think I just want to forget the whole episode and move on!

Today I've got my first major headache since coming out of hospital. An unpleasant although possibly necessary reminder that I may need to slow down just a bit. It's good to see reminders that it does get better, thanks! :cool:

Thats it Neil, your body is talking to you......maybe more than a bit after all you dont run before you walk....

take care

Louise.x

Talking to me? Blimey, I'm just glad it wasn't shouting! :D

Know what you mean, though. I'm not superman. I just have this tendancy, when I fall off my horse, to get straight back on. Glad I'm only part time when I go back to work next week! I daresay I shall see a return to needing afternoon naps for a wee while :)