Hi from Scotland

Guest norasark

Guest norasark

My name is Nora and I had a Subarachoid Haemorrhage in January this year. I was one of the lucky ones and did not suffer a stroke though I don,t know why.

I was off work for 6 months, was only back four weeks when my summer holidays came up and on the second day of the holidays we went to a BBQ had too much bacardi and I took a seizure on the 26th of July, serves me right. the hospital have put it down to too much to drink and tiredness now I am off work till Sept.

I am feeling well in myself but short tempered and easily tired. I don,t know what I expect from this forum but I think being able to read that other people have went through much the same may help me understand things better and help me get back to full health. Thanks for listening and I am sorry you have all suffered too.

Hi Nora and welcome!:-D

Anything that you want to ask, then please feel free ..... Seizures are a weird experience .....so, I feel for you .... You can experience seizures after too much alcohol, with or without having a SAH..... so, don't feel bad about it....

Luckily enough, I haven't had another seizure since being in hospital, but have had a few scarey moments ..... the anti seizure meds made me feel pretty rough when I was on them for 10 months .... Are you on meds now, for the seizures?

Take care Nora and wishing you well....xx

Hi Nora :-D A very warm welcome to BTG....you will find lots of helpful information on here and lots of support and friendship :-D I was very lucky, i have not suffered any seizures. You take care ...look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Tina xx

Guest norasark

Thank you for the welcome, I was put on epilepsy tablets after the seizure and was given two scans one without the dye and a second with then a lumber puncture and the coils were still in place and had recieved 6 so they said I was ok to go home. When I went to see the consultant 10 days later he adviced me to come of the meds slowly which I am still in the process of doing. I have read a few of other folks experiences and can relate too so much of it. My husband and family have been wonderful as has my friends and employer. I have always been such a independant strong person and find this very difficult to adjust too especialy not being able to drive as we live out in the country with no bus service so I have to depend on others so much now. Thank God I have my dogs at least they keep me sane. Thank you again and I will check out more of the site and keep you all posted on my recovery.

Welcome Norah, and I do hope that just the support we can give, the acres of useful but not boring reading and maybe even the humour on here will help:-D I live well out in the country and not driving was awful, but if I'm honest I would not have been safe at large anyway. The time did pass and the lack of independence actually made me do other things so I even managed a little benefit from that. I hope never to have to give up driving again though:roll: Enjoy and learn as you browse and keep us all in the loop, we do love to hear about progress. Good Luck;-)

Hi Nora

Welcome to the site and to the family. You'll find a wealth of support, understanding and experience here.

Anything you wish to ask - go ahead, there's normally someone has experienced something similar and can let you know, you're not alone.

Hi there

Warm welcome to the site.....

I had a seizure when I was in hospital, was son Sodiumvalporate (spelling?) for about a year and a half.....

flashing lights still make me weird, but nothing to worry about.....

Hope to hear more from you.

take care

Louise.xx

Hi Nora,

Welcome to BTG :-D Don't feel bad about having a seizure, I think they can be quite common even though I was lucky not to have experienced one.

What part of Scotland are you from? I've only been to a couple of different places but it is beautiful.

Looking forward to hearing more from you

Love and hugs

Laura

xx

Hi Nora,

Welcome aboard. :-D

I'm from Scotland too, which part are you from? I'm from Aberdeenshire. :-D

Like you, and all of us on here, we're so glad to have found this Site.

You'll find everyone very friendly, and there is always someone around to lend a friendly ear. So, pull up a chair, put the kettle on, make a coffee and come and join in with this friendly bunch.

Take care hunny,

Love B x x x :-D

Hi Nora, welcome to this wonderful site. i have only been here a week or so also and have found great support. I had 2 annies and one was coiled last year and the other clipped this yr in may. we all have good days and bad and so just enjoy the good ones and it will get better. Take care of yourself and we will speak again soon

best wishes carol

Guest norasark

Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome. I live in East Lothian just outside the beautiful seaside town of North Berwick. We live on a farm and have 7 dogs, two collies, a rescue greyhound and four whippets. Have had a couple of good days, got on with a bit of water colour painting yesterday, did a bit of training with the pups and took the older dogs for a nice walk round the farm. Today my friend Lorraine came for a visit with her friend and then I took the dogs out again for a walk and had a read at my new book. Feeling a bit better thanks to this forum and have realised I am not alone after all. Thank you. :-D

• 2 weeks later...