Fear of another stroke

Well I cannot believe my eldest is 18 and I worried I wouldn't see him grow up and here is the day so to everyone who is afraid of having another stroke or not seeing their children grow up don't worry I never let the fear consume me and I am so glad I didn't as I could've wasted 18 years of my sons life and missed all the important times xxx

I had some dark times over the years god its been tough but I never really let the kids see it I used to lie in bed at night and think and cry but that was my worry time xxx

I don't worry half as much anymore but I wanted to come here today and let you all know you can live after you can be happy you can get through the fear xxx

All the best to everyone at btg keep moving forward never let anything or anyone hold you back xxx 

Karen and all the moderators thanks for being there over the years when I have needed to vent and through family problems me and my husband splitting up losing my mom earlier this year you will never know how grateful  🙏 I am to you all ♥️

I have put it here rather than green room as I went visitors to the site to also see how you can be happy after hemorrhagic stroke you can have a life so keep on keeping on never give up xxx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Jess for such a positive post.

Happy  18th birthday Gary.

You rightly should feel very proud of how you have faced life post SAH and been a good caring mother to Garry and Shayne.

You did not let your own personal tough struggles with your health deter you from bringing up your lads to provide them with the best possible chances in life even in the past year when your mum's health was failing too.

Well done and as Sami says... 'inspirational'

Subs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jess i also have had the priviledge to meet you and your lovely boys. Huge respect ❤️ you are a lovely caring thoughful lady and i agree with Sami & Subs you're amazing and inspirational :) 

Thank you for sharing xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing Jess and we feel your heartfelt gratitude. Congrats to your eldest son and blessings to both boys. Reading such posts truly does give me strength for the day and bright hope for tomorrow. 💗Kathy (Colorado, USA)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jess, wonderful words of encouragement...Love that you wrote this, I lived with the worry but gratefully was able to get it under control..  "Keep moving forward" love these words ...thank you for sharing and thank you for your inspiration.

xx

Jean

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing your story Jess.  I have read many of your posts, and your words are so inspiring.  Isn’t it crazy how fast time flies?  Seems like it was just yesterday when our boys were babies!  Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration with your son!

💜Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all -

I haven't been on this forum for a number of months, and it confuses me where to post my thoughts, but - I just read fear of having another stroke. I had a subarachnoid hemorrhage almost one year ago. I've been a trooper - I finished graduate school, and plugged ahead. I have a 23 year old daughter, and a husband and elderly parents, and a dog I adore.

One time after my hemorrhage I had a headache that wouldn't go away. After 4 days I went to the ER, and they found nothing. Again now this week I have had a headache for almost one week. We tried to get me in for an MRI, but my insurance hasn't approved it yet. I've tried tylenol, massage, hot compresses. It's very scary to me.

Of course I'm i'd say 85-90% after the stroke, but my head still hurts, and sometimes I can't get rid of the headache, ESPECIALLY AFTER I GET UPSET. Has anyone experienced this? Continued headache after SAH? that won't go away? Or after being upset?

Thanks so much. Best, Debbie.

• Like 2

Hi Debbie I have some really bad headaches  some that won't budge I take tablets then put white tiger balm on neck just under ears behind ears temples and forehead it goes then, it's the stress and worry that makes it worse so try not to stress and worry which I know is easy to say and not as easy to do xxx

Hope your headaches ease soon xxx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi there

Getting stressed and upset could cause Headaches keep yourself well hydrated, for me there's nothing like a good cry, BUT usually its not long till the headach comes along with it and that's that...

hope it eases and your doing ok otherwise. 

take care, stay-safe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Debbie, I do suffer with headaches and the bad ones usually go after a day or 2  or at least ease but sometimes it will last 5 or 6 days. I get worried and say to my husband, have I ever had it for this long before and he always reminds me I have and not to panic. I think it's only natural we do but headaches seem to be very common post SAH.

Jess, I loved reading your post, as a mother of young girls it was my first thought I just want to see them to adulthood and it's good to hear you thought the same and made it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Charlie my sister in law had the same worries of not seeing her children grow up my mom used to worry that her and my dad would both die whilst out so I think that's quite normal after having children xxx

Charlie try not to worry be happy when with your kids I made a decision a long time ago that yes I may die but I wanted my kids to remember a fun outgoing mother who nothing could stop me smiling not someone who was sat in a corner miserable self pitying so I put all my worries to the back of my mind and would spend time in bed thinking about them sometimes even crying but I didn't let those thoughts creep in during any other time other than worry time. 

Hope your headaches ease soon xxx

• Like 2