Cant believe its 22 years

Louise

Cant quiet believe its 22yrs tonight well anytime between 5pm-7pm I'm not entirly sure when it happened...  It was also a Monday night that it happend so sort of Wow!! 

the time has gone quickly but at the same time its dragged but here I am 22yrs on.

I'm blessed with how I am challenges YES but dont we all Covid19 has put down more challenges OMG YES, but I survived a SAH navagating life with covid should be easy I thougt WRONG but on we plod.

I get the booster end of the week another challenge jab-into-the-unknown...

If there's one thing having the SAH has done its gave me strengh I never knew I had determination I didnt know exsisted....

Thanks to all on BTG especially Karen for starting the site, your an amazing woman and I owe you so, so much showing me that I wasnt alone, and that 'life' was for living....

take care all, and dont let anyone tell you 'you cant do it' until you've tried and decide for yourself you cant then its ok....

Sorry this may come across a bit garbled wasnt going to post anything I just sort of type from the heart really.

❤️ xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Louise - Happy Anni-versary darling.

I remember joining 3 weeks after my SAH and you were already a member.  I remember reading your posts with hope and admiration; I was so scared at the time and felt so very alone.  You've been on an amazing journey and your posts filled compassion and encouragement help every single person who reads them - they certainly helped me xxx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on 22 year’s Louise it is a long time, but you just seem to take it in your stride.

I agree with you not letting anyone tell you that you can’t do it, you’ve got to find out for your self.

As Skippy says your posts help allot of people.

Have a good day.

Compostc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Louise congratulations on 22 years xxx

I remember when I joined I would read your posts and you were three years ahead of me and it really helped reading your posts thanks for all the support and encouragement over the years xxx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done Louise and thank you so much for sharing 22 years on.

Yours has indeed been quite a journey. So much has changed as you look back at these difficult early days, and the ups and downs through the years.

Even in the past seven years I have known you, your confidence has continued to grow, and we all appreciate your regular input and help when you post.

I never forget your anxieties about flying abroad to attend a wedding,and how pleased we all were that you were so glad you decided to go.

And a BIG well done to Ronnie who has been there for you, and now you have been there for him through his recent health worries.

A great team. 😊 

As you sadly remember your dad's passing 20 years ago,he definitely would have been so very proud of you both.

Subs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Louise on the 22 year survivor status! You have done well and should be pleased with your progress. Much has changed in that time, medical advances among them. Those like you, who came “before”, have surely contributed to increased awareness and effective treatments. 

We share the date, but I am a mere 13 years on. Sometimes it seems longer, but always on Nov 1 it seems very close. 

Take good care, 

Love, Colleen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Louise on your 22nd Anni-versary :) 

You are a true inspiration to us all and helped me so much when i first joined BTG and still do, thank you lovely lady 💞

Hope you had a fabulous day celebrating life with Ronnie :) 

Take care 

Love Tina xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Skippy said:

3 weeks after my SAH and you were already a member

Strange my memory (ha!ha!) of joining was of you and our Karen chatting...:roll: I asked to join in... ❤️ 

13 hours ago, Compostc said:

but you just seem to take it in your stride

Just like looks its so deceiving but thank-you for that ❤️ 

Thank-you so much for your responses they are so, so much appreciated.... feeling very much the ❤️ 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Louise said:

Strange my memory (ha!ha!) of joining was of you and our Karen chatting...:roll: I asked to join in... ❤️ 

Yes, I joined before you but I didn't really join in with anything or post anything - I think we started posting at around the same time.  I remember being very nervous and you made me feel so welcome.  There were only 9 of us back then too!

• Like 3

Louise, congratulation on 22 years..as I read what you wrote I am so inspired ... you say it gave you strength you didn't know you had, such wisdom in your words.  I came here 4 and a half years ago, searching for someone, someplace that I could share what happened to me with.  I had no idea I was going to meet people such as you who not only shared but cared and don't judge.  Stay well and thank you :)

xx

Jean

• Like 3

Hi Louise,

I've only just read this thread and just wanted to say "well done" for all you have achieved over those 22 years and also for helping so many others along the way. I know when I joined this site in 2010, two years after my own sah, you were one of the first to welcome me into the group'

I also, at that time, joined another uk based group and you were on there helping others too, which you may or may not still do.  Like Colleen, my 14th annie-versary falls within this next week too and it's sometimes hard to believe where all the years have gone, but like you say, other times, time can appear to drag.

I, like you, also face having to have the 'third' covid vaccine by the end of this week and I agree it is a challenge and a step into the unknown mainly because covid is relatively new and in my opinion, for anyone who falls under the 'high risk vulnerable group has the added pressure of hoping the current advice from the scientists in the medical field won't change when more is known about covid.

In particular the effects of the 3rd vaccine on that vulnerable, high risk group - so I do empathise and share your concerns. Although the general consensus is currently to have the third vaccine, I must admit, my personal situation is making me feel a bit like a guinea pig!! xx

Anyway Louise, you continue doing as well as you have and all the best to you and Ronnie as you step into your 23rd year💜

Take care,

Sarah xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Louise

Congratulations on your 22nd Anniversary!  Thank you for helping so many of us on this same journey.  Wishing you continued success and happiness as you embark on your 23rd year

💜Pat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1