My Partner

Hi to all at BTG,

My partner suffered a SAH on the 28th feb this year, i wont go into all the details as i still cant quite believe it and how scared i was.He was coiled the following day on the 1st March

and discharged from the hospital on the 12th. Apart from feeling weak and very tired he is doing well. He watches tv, tinkers about on his Iphone, has regained his

appetite and cracks jokes like he always did before.I am so happy at his progress as after reading some of the stories on here its not the same for everyone.

To look at him you would never know what he had been through, but im not that naive in thinking it was not a life threatning situation and he is still recovering on the inside. His

Neurosurgeon told me he had made a remarkable recovery from the bleed alone never mind the procedure the following day which i am so thankful for.He just turned 40

last year and is a fit and healthy guy, makes you wonder about how things like this happen in life. Well what does not kill you certainly makes you stronger.So

with his amazing spirt and positive attitude and my TLC im hoping by the summer time if not sooner he will be driving his car etc. I did not know what to except but this forum has been a valued help to me.

To all on here who have suffered a

SAH i wish you all a speedy recovery and all the very best in life.xxxx

Hi there

Warm welcome to the site.

Sorry to hear about your partner, but sounds as if he's making good progress, it does take a long time to recover and there can be many ups and downs but lots of TLC is definatly a good thing to get......

take care of yourself tho,

Hi Angela and welcome to Behind the Gray! :-D

It sounds as though your partner is doing really well! Anything that you want to ask, then please feel free to do so.

Wishing you both, the very best of luck and glad that you've found this forum helpful.

xx

Hi Angela,and welcome, I know how scarey it must have been for you,as my wife,had her SAH a year ago tomorrow, and it was the scariest time of my life, as i'm sure it was for you, but he sounds as though he is doing really well, fatigue is something most seem to suffer from so lots of rest, lots of fluids,carry on with the tlc and you're doing fine,Best wishes to you both in his recovery, Rod

Hi Angela

Welcome to the site. Sorry that your partner has suffered this terrible thing, but it does sound like he's making amazing progress. It was like reading my own story - I was in on earlier hours of the Friday morning, operated on Saturday, walking Tuesday and out of hospital on the Thursday. I've had no lasting physical affects but the emotional traum did set in about three weeks later, this site has been a god send and a lifeline to me ever since.

Encourage your partner to visit the site as it may help him in the months to come in coming to terms with what has happened.

Hi Angela,

sorry your partner has suffered a SAH. I hope like all before me, hope he continues to recover well.

I found I had to ask questions to fill all the gaps I have. This site has been a tremendous help to me in assisting me with my recovery todate.

Give him lots of TLC but do not neglect yourself, you went through the trauma as well.

Take care of yourselves.

Hello again,

Thank you for your kind replies.

Yes Rod it was terrifying for me as i had to kick the bathroom door in to get to him. He went in for a shower and about 10 minutes later i heard a loud bang obviously him collapsing . As you can imagine i did not know what sight i would be met with. He was lying on the floor fitting. He told me later in the hospital he had his shower then he brushed his teeth at the washhand basin and thats the last thing he remembered. Within 3 hours of it happening he was in the Neurosurgery ward in the Southern General in Glasgow.

John i feel selfish saying this but like you say i suffered the trauma too. I know he went through it physically etc but i went through it mentally and it was scary.

Again you are all an inspiration and i wish you everything good in life.xxxx

angela

yes it is a scary episode but by writing it down is the start of your recovery im pleased your partner is recovering very well so far we are here anytime should you have any questions or worries or just to chat and i hope he gets his driving back in june ar when the dr says he can take care and regards to your partner

A warm welcome, Angela - I'm sorry to read that your partner was one of the unfortunate ones, like most of us on here, to have suffered a sah and that you have had to deal with the trauma too. It is a very scary experience for everyone involved, but it is nice to know that he is doing so well this early on - I am sure he will continue to make good progress over the coming weeks.

I wish you both well for the future, but if you have any queries in the meantime, then there is always someone here willing to help.

Sarah

Hello all,

Mark is doing well and believe it or not he keeps saying how bored he is in the house all the time.:lol: Its wonderful for me to hear him complaining etc that way i know he is on the mend so to speak. I know he is still recovering on the inside but he said he is wanting to try for a walk this weekend so im hoping he does, if not then it dont matter as its one day at a time.

Hello everyone,

Mark is doing well, infact so well his doctor gave him the go ahead to drive his car again he is over the moon:-D He still gets tired etc but like i say he is doing grand.:-D

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. xxxx

hi angela,im so sorry to hear about your partner , i suffered an sah and am a great believer in if it dosent kill you it makes you stronger ,all i can say is baby steps . i cant imagine what my partner and children went through but if you ever need to talk we are hear

Hi Rod thank you for your kind reply.

Hi Lynz yes baby steps as you say, it was very traumatic for me even though i never went through what he did, mentally i went to hell and came out the other side. I totally agree with your sentiment on what does not kill you only makes you stronger. Hope you are doing well yourself.

Hi Angela,

I think getting back behind the wheel again is a great boost - so glad to hear he is doing so well.

I returned to driving within a few weeks, but then again I didn't even realise I shouldn't have been driving - it was 11 months later that I found out you were supposed to advise DVLA - whoops!

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Mark is still doing grand:-D its 9 weeks to this day he had his SAH and he is recovering so well. He has been driving nearly every other day(short journeys) and absolutely loving it. He has not had any headaches lately and he does not go for a nap during the day either now. Im amazed at him, im no expert but i reckon his positive attitude has been a lot to do with it with Mark.

He keeps saying how he cant wait to go back to work as i know he misses his workmates etc (probably fed up looking at my face):lol:. As i write this he is on his pc playing one of his war games.:-D so obviously his concentration level is good.

Anyway just wanted to let you all know all is well.:-D