Hi everyone - Jules75

jules75

Hi,

I'm Julie and I live in Leeds and suffered a SAH in 2008.

As with everyone's story mine isn't exactly straight forward either. I suffered the stroke 3 weeks before my wedding in 2008 and ended up in Doncaster Hospital initially and within a few hours was transferred to Sheffield Hallamshire where they operated on me and inserted a shunt to relieve the pressure that the escaped blood was causing.

Eventually I was discharged and returned home in September. The doctors then found an AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation) which is a tangle of blood vessels in my brain along with an Aneurysm which was positioned next to the AVM.

I've had my Aneurysm clipped and the AVM has been zapped with the Gamma Knife at Sheffield Hallamshire hospital. I just have to wait for a few more months before they look to see if the AVM has closed down.

The SAH has left me with a weakness down the left hand side including a blind spot in my left eye.

My fiancé James started to write emails to friends when everything happened in order to inform them all of my progress. He's just uploaded all his chapters to www.juliesupdate.com. I can't tell you how many ridiculous things have happened throughout the last few years, I'm just so pleased that James kept a diary as I can look back and appreciate how far I've come :wink:

Jules xxx

Hiya Jules,

A very warm welcome.

My goodness you've been through the mill. I've had a quick look at your website and will read it more carefully later; but you've battled through so much.

James has kept a wonderful account; and isn't it superbly written! It's very impressive and I'm sure others have learnt a lot from it.

I hope you're continuing to improve and look forward to hearing more from you.

Lynne

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the site. Have had a quick look on your update page. How great that you are able to read back on it . I'm sure it must really help you to realise how far you've come with your recovery. I will be read through it gradually in order to catch up with how you are now.

Hope you will call in again and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Best wishes

Sally x

HI & welcome to BTG, I agree with Lin you have certainly been through a lot & I've also hd a quick glance t your wesite which gives a very moving ccount of James' feelings throughout your journey.

I hope lots of people read it & learn from it, I would love my Hubby to be so open about his feelings but he is typicl old fashioned bloke & keeps it all under wraps!

I hope you nejoy the site & I will also read through your diary in bits, I'm sure it hs been invaluable to read your journey through his eyes (particulrly if some bits re hazy)

Gill

xx

|Thank you all for the lovely welcomes I'll be a regular visitor on here now I know where you are :-D.Oh yes,be warned,the chapters add up to loads lol but yes it does make me appreciate what the family and I have been through. I for one tend to forget how bad Iwas in the early days,so it's great to be able to look back on the blog's.Thank you so much for writting and keeping them all, James xxx Yes I and my family have really gone through the mill over these past two years.I'm sure you all have too,I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and this is a great forum/website.

Hi Jules :) a very warm welcome to you...have also had a quick read of your update by James....i often have to ask my hubby what happened as i dont remember parts when i was in hospital etc. How wonderful to look back and see how far you have come...look forward to hearing more from you . Take care Love Tina xx

Hi Jules

Welcome to the site!

I have just read up to chapter 7, so lots more reading to be done... how wonderful that James wrote all that! I look forward to reading more, and learning more about your journey.

Good luck with your continued recovery

Kel

A very warm welcome Jules,

I started reading James' account of your amazing journey earlier this evening, but found I couldn't stop reading it. He has written it so well - I have not quite finished reading it all, but I became a little emotional and covered in goose bumps at chapters 30/31 because I too was on

N1/2 in the Hallamshire hospital, Sheffield on those same days, having had my brain operation on the 18th November, 2008, the day before you had yours. I realise that your situation was far more complex than my own, but to think we were on the same ward at the same time is quite amazing.

I will read the rest of your story soon,but in the meantime I wish you well in your continued recovery.

Sarah

Edited by kempse

Hello and welcome! I look forward to checking out the blog. I know my own blog has been and is still very therapeutic. I kind of feel like this happened to someone else, but I look back to my entries in February/March and think, wow, I've come a long way!

Hi Jules,

You and Kelvin are welcome additions to our little community - but I am sorry you have both had to endure so much in order to join us!

Stay strong and scream if you need any help or advice as everyone on here is very happy to share their wisdom and experiences so you don't feel so alone.

Bye for now,

Mace :-P

A very warm welcome Jules,

I started reading James' account of your amazing journey earlier this evening, but found I couldn't stop reading it. He has written it so well - I have not quite finished reading it all, but I became a little emotional and covered in goose bumps at chapters 30/31 because I too was on

N1/2 in the Hallamshire hospital, Sheffield on those same days, having had my brain operation on the 18th November, 2008, the day before you had yours. I realise that your situation was far more complex than my own, but to think we were on the same ward at the same time is quite amazing.

I will read the rest of your story soon,but in the meantime I wish you well in your continued recovery.

Sarah

Hiya Sarah that's just amazing that we were both in there at the same time, going through the same thing and have now met up on this brill forum.I wish we had got a chance to speak, in that yuck time of November 2008. I was in the same wards and remember clearly those awful lifts with the droaning voice,thinking about that just makes me shudder. x

Hi Jules,

Yes, those lifts, lol. I have been back a few times since then and they don't change - still takes a long time for one to arrive, then it's usually full and then when you do get in one, you have that nice droaning voice:roll:

I have been trying to recall my time in there, but am struggling to even picture who was in the bed next to me and that's despite me being quite "with it" during the 12 days I was in.

Don't know about you, but I still see Mr Patel on a fairly regular basis and am eternally grateful to him and his team for sorting me out.

Anyway it's nice to have met you on here at least:-D

Sarah

Hi Jules,

Yes, those lifts, lol. I have been back a few times since then and they don't change - still takes a long time for one to arrive, then it's usually full and then when you do get in one, you have that nice droaning voice:roll:

I have been trying to recall my time in there, but am struggling to even picture who was in the bed next to me and that's despite me being quite "with it" during the 12 days I was in.

Don't know about you, but I still see Mr Patel on a fairly regular basis and am eternally grateful to him and his team for sorting me out.

Anyway it's nice to have met you on here at least:-D

Sarah

WOW Mr Patel,the most wonderful man in the world as far as far as I'm concerned,he's sooo lovely.I hold a huge regard for him in what he's done for me and the way he was with my family.I'm due to see him in the next month or so as he wants to see how I'm doing after I was admitted a year ago,being so ill on the tablets I was prescribed after my op.

Oh yes, the always busy lifts especially when you were in a wheelchair.My poor family always took ages to get one at visiting times because they were so busy. I was watching I'm a Celebrity on a portable the night I'd had my op.I was fully aware of my sourounding's but remember absouloutley no-one in the beds.Maybe you were in a different Bay to me.It's so nice to be able to talk to someone who I can relate to on my journey in hospital.I've just told Mum about you and she was gobsmacked :lol: Oh and I got a lovely kiss on my forehead and a cuddle from Mr P, bless him.

xxx

Hi again Jules,

Well, I've not had a kiss or cuddle from Mr. P, but one of my appointments fell on my birthday and he did shake my hand and wish me many happy returns which I thought was quite sweet!

You say you were in there again a year ago, snap, so was I!! Last October I was in again for a few days having my second op (more coils put in the aneursym that had ruptured) - I think it would be too much of a coincidence to be in at the same time again!!

In fact it was the first anniversary of that operation about a week ago (14th October) and it passed me by without me even realising it. I only remembered it today when I read your post, which obviously jogged my (dodgy) memory!

Take care,

Sarah