One piece of advice for SAH sufferers??

Well guys I thought it might be good to ask you all what one piece of advice you would give to a new SAH patient based on your experience to date?

It could be to help them cope/to change something/to make the best of life..anything that strikes you..but just one!

I will kick off and my piece of advice is:-

"Make your life count -but don't sweat the small stuff-think what really matters most"

OK..now over to you guys..lets see what you feel is important!

Andy P

Hi Guys

My advice is if you have a partner in life make sure that they know how you are feeling each day and let them know that open arms, cuddles and love are very good medicines and that laughter really is the best form of medicine.

Sami

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jim's piece of advise would be to slow down and smell the roses.

Think of all you have in your life and live each day to it's fullest.

Take time to rest and hope that at some point you will once again feel normal.

Teach ME how to drive!!! Which I am so much better at than he is :wink:

My thoughts as a partner and love one is to are find a great group of people who have had similar occurances that can help me through all the why's of the SAh and also the outcome (which I have) :)

Cal

XXX

Hi there

My advice is to keep hold of that sense of humour and try to see the funny side of anything you can.

Don't be too hard on yourself when you feel that you're not doing all the stuff you could do before - I can't do an Arab Spring anymore but I could when I was 11 :lol:

Sami xxxx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

from a partner

always have your arms open for hugs and cuddles and the heart full of love and never stop saying i love you and im here for you and hope for improvement

to find someone called karen and her friends who supports everyone through the nightmare they should all be cherished and hugged

It has been awhile since this subject has come up. I rememer posting on this one what seems a long time ago.

I love the new ones. Being a carer myself Paul's post brought tears to my eyes.

And Paul, you are so right on about Karen and everyone else on this site that has made life easier with their kindness and love.

Cal

XXXX