My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi folks

a funny day not sure i can decribe it maybe its me spent the day with lin and got really nice looks as lin was with it most of the day set me wanting her home with me god i miss her so much around me lin managed to move her left foot quite a few times and her right hand lifted a very small amount and when i was talking to her she seemed to understand and a couple of times tears started to roll from her eyes and i dont know how i can get her to comiunicate with me apart from blinking once for no and two for yes it upset me when i saw the tears roll

i feel so lost that i cant think of how i can get her to be able to talk so to speak by one means and another does anyone have any ideas so that we can message each other lins not moving anything consistantly im willing to try anything i know she wants to say something i can see it in her eyes i rubbed her tummy and lin closed her eyes in what looked like pleasure so i did it again gently and got the same reaction i would like to ask anyone if they have any ideas that might unlock lin and give her a chance to message me and we can chat i do miss hearing her voice i know she cant because of traci but if we could chat so to speak it would help us both

i feel so down because i cant think of anything lin looked so stunning just would like to converse has anyone got any idea please i will try anything thats all for tonight sleep tight love from lin and myself xxxx

Guest mojojojo

Hello Paul,

Any news when Lin's traci will be removed? It's great you have a little communication between you both, her tears are a good thing are they not? She understands emotion? Sounds like each day there is a little improvement in her although small, she seems to battle on with you at her side. She know's you are there which is helping her heal. I hope you are getting the answers :-)

And i do hope your taking care of yourself, keep smiling and just know everyone is thinking of you both in your journey xxx

Hey Paul

So happy that Lin is responding more but can understand your frustration. Have you thought of using the alphabet so that you can hold up a letter for Lin to use your "blinking code" to say whether that's the letter she wants or not? She could spell out words then - it'll be long winded but you could start off with small words and short sentences. It may even encourage Lin to maybe lift her arm to point to letters. I know it'll be tiring for Lin, but it's all I could think of - I feel so much for you both, I really do.

Take care, give Lin my love and sending some to you too :D

Bigs hugs to you both

Love Sami xxx

Hi Paul,

My thoughts are similar to Sami's .... I'm not sure what Lin is capable of, but perhaps magnetic letters on a board, that she could push around with your guidance? The Early Learning Centre is normally good for that type of thing ..... or it used to be

Otherwise, it might be worth asking Headway, what they would suggest for communication .... they probably have a wealth of info.

Hi Paul

That you are listening for signs and tuning in I think shows that you are both communicating and are very attuned to each other, most of our communication is non-verbal which I am sure you already know from the work you do. Trust that what you are doing is right and go with your feelings.

It's really hard after SAH to make sense of all the imagery around you - the visual stimulation of just opening your eyes is really hard work and seeing is taxing on the brain. Voices don't make that much sense - what does is a sense of kindness or the sound of kind voices and touch, gentleness encourages - all the senses are turned up to full volume and what we take for granted is system overload post SAH and then we shut down. Small steps. That's only my interpretation but I hope it helps a little.

Love to you both

Lauren

x

hi everyone

a very very nice day with lin she was with it most of the day and she was sitting in her chair which again made my day she was put in it at 2 and at 4 i asked if she could be put back to bed but due to staff shortages lin wasnt put back untill seven pm which made me very concerned i did ask again but due to lack of staff they couldnt do it so i supported her head with rowels and pillows untill they got the extra staff in i made my concerns felt and i will be seeing the head of hr and making my point quite forcefully that the ward needs one extra nurse and two assistants between 4pm and 8pm to help the one nurse who is rushed off her feet during that period

its not the nurses fault i believe management are trying to save money so i am not blaming the nurse she has been fantastic all of them have lin did manage to bear with it and i think she was glad to get into bed and fell asleep very quickly but little things are happening all the time now hands and feet so im happy thease are little movements which are becomming regular

the ideas are fantastic i should have thought of them both sami and karen thank you absolutly brillent i will try and find them asap what a fantastic idea will let you know how we get on what a fantastic end to the day YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAUREN I i will pm you re your last and thank you all so very very much i couldnt do this without you and i really mean that

lin looks beatutifull in her new pj although it takes some getting used to he he [she didnt wear pj s opps to much info !!!!!!!!!night night all and thank you so much love the ideas brillent god bless love from lin and me xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi everyone

just got back lin wasnt playing today i think yesterday knocked her sideways but i did get lips moving a little every time i kissed her i think she still fancies me he he wasnt able to get the board and letters but as lin wasnt playing it gives me time to get them so i gave her a full monty pedicure and fingers and arms iwith oils she likes i will never get use to the pleasure of pampering my darling she deserves it im going to try and do her hair tommorow and try and get it either washed or try to freshen it up for her her hair has come back with a vengence

before the sah her hair was thinning but now its growing like wild fire and very thick does feel nice to run my fingers through her fingers and hands and the left foot is still doing it s thing so things might be looking up one day at a time not a lot else to say so i will close now and say night night god bless to one and all hugs and cuddle to everyone love lin and paul xxxx

hi folks

another rough day lin not with it again very tired and sleepy in fact i fell asleep holding her hand pulled me down a little im sure lin knows its the weekend and because i didnt take her out she has the hump with me we always go out at the weekend to the shops then off for a walk hand in hand with the odd snog or two so i left her early and i intend to go to bed early tonight and try and get some rest not sleeping well bed looks like a bomb site of those who remember what they looked like he he but her right fingers started to move so i cant complain well thats all for tonight im off to bed night night god bless lin and paul xxxx

hi everyone

just got back very concerned lin not very happy face is all flushed and it seems she has another infection not sure wether its water or other dr was with her when i left she has had samples and swabs taken again will know in the morning again they have lifted restrictions again so i will be there first thing in the morning i hope and pray the roller coaster ride is not going to be as bad as it was before

i have a confession to make through embrassment or old fashioned values  lin had taken me up to bed and lins collapse was during our love making not just sitting on the settee it has been bugging me but i was brought up to be private but you have all been so good to me and having read so many accounts i thought i should come clean and be honest with you and for the youngsters yes we did feel like teenagers and yes we were and it felt so special always did with my darling :oops:

please forgive me maybe this is why i cant sleep because it may have been my fault although lins body didnt tell her to slow down and she was very active there ive said it now and i feel better i have never lied before and as bad as this gets i dont think i will ever forget trying to give my darling happiness i just wish it had never happened the last thing i ever wanted was to protect lin and never hurt her and i dont think i can ever forgive myself thats all for tonight god bless lin and me

Guest ElaineW

You must certainly not blame yourself Paul, these things can happen at any time, any place and doing anything and I am sure I have read somewhere on this site a SAH happening in the same circumstances as your Lin's did. Lay no blame on yourself though that's for sure, though I can imagine it must be easy to do so. So sorry to hear she may have another infection, what another land slide for you both to have to deal with. It has certainly been a roller coaster of events for you. I do so hope she picks up quickly after this, she has certainly had her share of things. I hope your sleep improves as that is something you need at times like these. I am a very poor sleeper and I know how wretched it makes you feel on top of everything else going on. Give Lin a hug for me and I have no doubt your little fighter will fight on.

Nigh night hope you get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Elaine

Paul, please don't blame yourself ..... it's not your fault ..... any rise in blood pressure can cause a rupture in the vessel wall if it's weak enough. Even sitting on the loo and straining, exercising ..... with me, it was after a v.bad cold and lots of sneezing and nose blowing.

Don't feel bad and don't worry about the fact that you didn't tell us how it happened, nobody on this website will judge you ..... we're all in the same boat, no matter how the SAH came about.

There's probably other people on this website that have had there SAH after making love and would prefer not to say and that's totally their right and it doesn't matter ..... it's what they feel comfortable with sharing.

Hope that Lin picks up soon and like I say, don't worry about how it happened or upset yourself ..... if the blood vessel was about to burst, then there was no way that you could have prevented it ..... it would have happened sooner or later. Lin wouldn't blame you.... so, don't torture yourself. xx

Paul I am so sorry Lin is unwell again, and you must not blame yourself at all it isn't your fault that this happened these things happen and she was gonna have one anyway it would of just been the next thing she did that raised her blood pressure a bit, if it hadn't been making love it would of been carrying the shop-ping or rushing somewhere anything could of made it go so please don't blame yourself. Hope Lin is alot better today. Jess.xxx

Archived