My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone

just had a quite day lin not very responsive today was worried about her chest infection comming back but have been told its ok its just loose flem she was bringing up which was a relief so just sat with her and talked to her and held her hand wow what a women why dont they make the beds bigger so i could cuddle her lol thats what i miss having her in my arms going into hosp early tomorrow going to try and catch the consultant his day for rounds god help him thanks for all your messages i really do apreiate them it helps a graet deal bless you all thats it for tonight god bless and sleep tight fom both of us

Guest mojojojo

I remember so vividly the place where yr at now, the uncertainty, the pain, the emotion of it all. I can feel your pain through your words, i see your devotion, Linda is a fighter and i will her to get better, my heart goes out to you and if you ever need a chat just shout, you always need to talk and it helps when someone has been right where you are. I didn't open up about the pain i felt, i chose to enclose myself in my own grief i realise now what a mistake it was as there are people that have been where you are and can help you get through use them as a shoulder to cry on it will help you immensly.

Stay strong.

Sharon x

i have tried to post a long update when i finished it and posted it i found the time had expired will try again tommorow lins ok still not reponding but a very good time with dr will try and post it in the morning love to you all night night god bless

good morning everyone i hope you are all ok

i tried to post an update last night re he doctor but when i had finished and posted the time had expired so i did it three times then gave up so here goes

Q what parts of the brain are damaged and what effects can we expect

A lins brain is two thirds severly damaged at the moment its unsure but untill the brain shinks back to normal we cant be sure but lin wil need help for the rest of her life

Q what caused so much damage and why

A in most people one event is bad enough but lin suffered three events in one hit firstly the anurism burst and it was a large one secondley the sub dural heamotoma and thirdley the pressure within lins brain which was massive as the pressure didnt have any escape it crushs the brain itself hence the amount of damage

Q have you seen ct scans

A no not yet but the radioghers have sent a detailed review and these are experts and i trust them but i will persue the hard copies

Q what can i expect from lin in the future

A not a great deal as i have said lin i dont think will progress to far and will need support and care from others like yourself but if anything new shows up we will act and support lin and stimulate her as much as we can

Q is physio working is there anything i can do to help

A physio is just for nuro basics to make sure she keeps flexibilties and donst have contractors just do what you are doing stimulation and and talking to her and trying to get through to her like you say you think she looks at you when you talk to her

Q why was the so much delay at n/staffs when she arrived at 3-30 and was still in cas at 6-30 bearing in mind the seriuosness of lins condition

A i dont know this i have put to them because i would have thought lin should have been delt with quickly or had burr holes done within a very short space of time to relive the pressure im not happy but you need to follow this up yourself so you can put it to bed and move on if not it will eat away at you and distroy you and that will not help lin

Q what is the long term plan for care for lin

A we will do what ever is possible for her we are here for both of you and once we get her neck firmer and more supportive i think you should be able to care for at home with support from social services who are going to foot the bill but we will do everything in our power to help lin ongoing but that is down the line for now but she will go to cannock for intense phyiso first

Q will you be honest and up front with me in future and on a regular basis so i can be fully up to speed

A yes i will i have made arrangements that we will sit down on a monday pm and i will bring you up to date and i have told my staff from the bottom up to me to contact you if you are not here by phone [seriuos]

and inform you

Q will you support me when its time lin can come home

A yes totaly we will ensure that everything is in place and make sure you have all the support and help we can get you including phyisos at home and the out reach team will be in constant touch but this is down the line somewhat

Q is lin still in a coma or is she aware and is trapped

A we are not sure you seem to think she is looking at you although all reactions we have seen are basic this is why im planning to do and eeg and a ct scan and mri at least two of the three depending on what is found just to see what is going on this will be in about three weeks when the brain has settled somemore then we will talk

Q what is the critiria to have the trachi removed

A when lin is stable at the moment she is still very poorly if and when she gains some contol of her neck then we will consider removing it but at present she still at risk of infection and other problems

Q lin has always been proud of her appearance a critical sister has a nurse who does hairdressing can lin have her hair washed and cut to improve her hair grey one side and very short and aulburn on the untouched side and long

A yes but they must be very carefull of her trachi but yes it might trigger something and i think it might have a positive effect but be carefuull

Q can i do her legs as ell since the event they have got very hirsute and she will do her nut if she saw what she looked like [im thinking of lin here not me ]

that ended the questions but i did say to the critical nurse i missed our cuddles and hugs and she has told me she will come today and show me how i can cuddle her with the trachi in WOW how lucky am i cant wait

its with your support that i put my working head on and come out of the clouds and face true life this is my darling and i want whatever i can do for her now i know relilistcaily what im faceing i can get on and plan and look forwards to having her home anything that comes up out of the ordenary is a bonus that is down to you all thats why we cant thank you enough and for karen for setting this wonderfull site up with such wonderfull people within it i know there going to major up and downs but hopefully with your support we will do it thank you

sorry i should have put this on the posting the dr was honest he told me things i didnt want to hear but he i beleive has been honest and direct and most of all truthfull i do repect him a great deal i now feel i have someone to trust careing for my darling lin and i think she would be too

Hi Paul

he sounds a really caring, concerned and considerate doctor which must be a great relief to you. I hope everything continues to improve, you're sounding very upbeat at the moment which will be great for Lin.

Thinking of you both a lot and wishing you lots of love

Sarah xx

Hi Paul

So very glad that you're finally getting your questions answered - that for me has been the hardest part from the Docs point of view - they never seem to know enough.

Keep that positive attitude and it will help not only you get through this but Lin too.

Sending you both hugs

Sami xxxx

Guest mojojojo

Hiya

Great to hear you are getting the updates you needs...never be afraid to ask questions from the people who are taking care of her...especially if you are not happy with things Paul.....she deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

I work for the NHS which can be hard at times.. but my expectations in the treatments for my mum are nothing to what she and everyone who suffers SAH deserves. I urge you to get all the help and support you can get for her.

And to hear she is still battling is a testament to the determination in her.

My thoughts are with you.

Sharon x

hi everyone

just got back feeling a lot better it has been a smashing day with lin she was a little tired when i got there phyios worked on her for and hour [had to wait outside ]but lin came rround a little while later and eyed open looked at for for a long time and kept on comming back to me god she looks beautifull her chest is very clear and she is manageing to cough up flem not all the way but she is doing a grand job of it the nurse couldnt get blood from lin so she went to the left foot and lin tried to kick her thats the nurses quote not mine

lin had her hair cut tonight and boy she looks better for it and i got a double flicker of her eyes when i asked if we could cut her hair but when we finished lin started to yawn and instead of just leaving her head as it ws im sure she moved her head to the left and yawned this was witnessed by the sister who had cut her hair so little things are going on i will just watch and beleive when i see it again so a cracking day today sharon i have worked nhs for thirty years and when i get my work hat on i dont take prisnors i am insistant untill i get answers or i will rock the boat nicely but to find a dr who is brave enough to say when he dosnt know he says it that takes some guts and is entitled to respect which he has mine sami

if you look at questions i asked if you can usse them do so if it helps you pin them down and take no bull as i said if they are honest enough to say they dont know then beleive him if you think they are being evasive then if i can help you get the answers you want i would be willing to help if i can you have been there for me i would love to help others even though im still going throught it i feel more positive and feel i want to help whilst i feel like this take care im off to bed and sleep hopefully peacefully night night god bless

Hi Paul

So glad that the Consultant has answered all your questions so far. It is good that he is being open and honest with you. Also pleased to hear that you had a good day with Lin yesterday hang in there and remember to look after yourself as well.

Janet x

hi everyone

just got back another good day a friend came down from liverpool and spent the day with us and has noticed some changes in lin that i hadnt noted lin still looks beautifull nearly pushed her over in the bed and got in with her wow just a nice day and a loving one thats all for tonight if i think of anything else i wll add to it night night god bless

hi everyone

just got back a very quite day today lin wasnt with it at all maybe two days on the trot drained her or maybe the pyhioss who worked on her today tired her out yes they do work on her even on a weekend it was a reflective day today talking and holding her hand wasnt enough but had to be and looking at her picture brought all it back to me the fun and frolics we had hopefully they will reapear later as i say a reflective day hopefully she will be better tommorow and i get a response or eyec contact she has started to produce more saliva since yesterday and she seems to be trying to clear her throat and is trying to forcefully cough as well to clear the trachi maybe.

im to tired didnt sleep very well had dreams of christmas where the devil they came from i will not know in them i tried to get her home for two days so we had time on our own and we had a very cozy time im not sure wether we did have time on our own all i can remember was i aked the dr and it was left in the air where it came from i do not know all i can remember was that i wanted to have lin home and out of the hospital maybe its because they are keeping her away from me and we cant be together [ i know she needs the hospital to try and get her well thats the rub ] am i being selfish or childish ?? i dont know maybe someone can answer that for me well thats all for tonight will post again tommorow night night god bless

Hi Paul

Definitely not childish or selfish - it's natural that you want Lin home with you.

I'm so glad that Lin seems to be responding more to things. It's little things that make all the difference.

You're being so strong, you're amazing.

I've got all fingers crossed that Lin continues to improve and is home with you by Christmas.

Sending love and hugs to you both.

Love Sami xxx

Archived