My Darling Linda

paul99

Hi Paul and Lin

So pleased that Lin had another good day. It lifts me to read your posts everyday = your dedication and your total devotion to Lin are wonderful to read.

Give Lin a hug from me and tell her I can't wait to "meet" her.

Take care hun

Sending love and hugs to you both

Sami xxxx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone

it started of very quite lin was in bed and not very with it she was not in the chair it turned out the staff had forgotten to put lin in it however i think lin needed the day to recover yesterday but it was still nice to see her relaxed and sleeping peacefully i changed her boots on and off they are to stop toe drop because she hasnt used her legs for a while and therefore lost muscle tone but i took the commpression stockings of to massage her legs and feet with lanolin just because i know she loved it when she was awake and i enjoy doing her massage part of the fun he he i tickled her feet and got no response that was at about 3pm

shame i hear you say but at 6 i got a surprise as the nurse was reinflating lins traci cuff i put my hand inside the stocking to tickle her foot and boy did i get a reaction both feet twiched and lin tried to move her foot to move away from my fingers and did it even the nurse saw it so from a very quite day being content to being with her i get this surprise wow that is something every day this week i know it might not seem much but after so long without movement i get this all week made my day in fact its made my week i cant ask anymore than that i could but would be greedy

tommorow she gets the full treatment on her legs and feet she has some hard skin which i need to get off so im going to spend all my time pampering her just hope lin will let me do it wthout creating a noise but if she does so what he he i would be happy well thasts all for tonight im going to go to bed and dream of lin comming home and what i can do to make her content and happy one thing i will do is to try and get lin on here and have one hell of a knees up details to follow just before she comes home promise thank you all so much love from lin and myself night night god bless you all dont let the bed bugs bite

Hi Paul

I'm so pleased for you that I've tears running down my face - and like Laura, you've made my day. I always look for your posting to see how the wonderful Lin is doing - give her a hug from me (or a tickle on the feet :wink: )

Love and hugs to you both

Love Sami xxxx

Guest mojojojo

I'm inspired daily........ love reading your post they are full of hope and love....i wish you both so much continued happiness you obviously was made for each other :P much love sharon x

hi everyone

a very quite day today lin not very cooperative slept most of the day i didnt get to do her legs as lin was still in bed not enough staff being the weekend but to hold her hand and look into her eyes be it across the bed trying to get to look into her eyes i did get the double blink whan i asked for a kiss and when i said move over and i would get into bed with her oh the thoughts that went through my mind he he had a very nice visit from jess today

i think lin did take it in and looked at jess and it was nice to talk to jess and understanding what jess went through made me feel even more humble thank you jess i will save the choclates for lin when she wakes up

i do intend to do lins legs tommorow and see if i get a reaction oh before i forget lin did move her left hand today very slightley and squeezed my hand cause i was holding it its nice to hold her hands always is sharon we have waited a long time for what we have pity this hiccup dropped on us lin didnt deserve this but i hope it wont be to long before she is telling me what to do he he tommorow is another day and im looking forwards to it just hope she is a little more with it but hey i dont really care what happens as long as i can hold her in some way and she looks the way she does the sky can fall in i would be happy so a reflective day looking forwards not backwards thanks to you all for being here for us and thank you jess it was nice to meet you in person thats all for tonight time for bed night night god bless from lin and me

Hi Paul I am really glad I could help I told Lin I would see her again soon and I shall be coming back. It was really nice to see both of you too. I think Lin knew I was there when I said bye to her she looked at me. I hope Lin and you have a better day today. Jess.xxx

Guest ElaineW

Hi Paul and Lin - I have been away for a week or so and just updated myself with the events I have miissed. Well what can I add - everyone else has said it all and what lovely news to come home too. I thought about you both often whilst I was away. Lots more steps forward rather than back - fantastic :D:D:D:D:D and the sun is shining too. When mum's trache came out she came on leaps and bounds and I am sure Lin will too.

Elaine xx

Hi Paul and Lin

Really pleased to hear your news from the last couple of days, and Friday in particular sounds like it was a very special day. Jess, it was lovely of you to visit and will have given Paul and Lin a real boost - you're a star.

Paul you, too, are an inspiration with how you're coping - so upbeat and positive, well done.

Lots of love to you both

Sarah xx

hi evryone

today was not very good lin was out of it all day which knocked me back a bit lin didnt look very well she looked very tired and uncomfortable tried to talk to her and she did look at me with sorry eyes no sparkle but intently i suppose i shouldnt complain because she has done something every day this week which has cheered me up maybe im getting to selfish wanting her to keep it up and i most certainly dont want her in the hospitlal i want her home [but i know i cant ]

i know when she looked at me i knew she wasnt happy for what ever reason i did tell her i know her wishs but she has made all the running and has been improving so much and there is a little way to go before we go walking over cannock chase the one place i know she loves being an ex towny as im am i have promised her wether she walks or goes in a chair we will be going back there as often as she wants

i think she heard me and saw my tears all i want to do is cuddle her close and feel her in my arms yes im down but i hope lin is better tommorow maybe it was because she knows it the weekend and wanted to have the phyisos working on her i dont really know i know she always wants to go out saturday and sunday for walks holding hands thank you for all your best wishs i really appreicate them at times like this thank you i will close now and think of lin and go to bed night night an god bless from both of us xxxx hears hoping for a better day tommorow

Hi Paul

Sorry yesterday wasn't so good but Lin has been really busy this last week so I guess it's understandable. You are such a rock but it's natural that you'll get down too - just never forget you can come on here and pour everything out whenever you want to, we all can understand what you're both going through right now.

Sending you both so much love and you're in my thoughts and prayers

Sarah xxx

Guest ElaineW

I know how you are feeling Paul, bad days are just the worst thing to deal with following a few good ones, it used to knock me for six. Get a good nights sleep and tomorrow will seem brighter.

Elaine

hi everyone

yes yesterday wasnt nice at all but i suppose lin is entitled to a day of rest well i hope that is what it was went in today not knowing what would happen lin was crunched up and not very comfotable but i did manage to sit her up and care for her and as i cleaned her mouth she moved her left arm about four inchs and when i got her head into a position she could see i got the most wonderfull look from her eyes before she went off again but she did look at me quite a few times it cheered me up so see her move but i got reflective and went down a little so i gave her a pedicure which lasted about a hour but i felt better for doing it as she had a lot of hard skin on her feet lin always looked after herself and i thought why not keep it up lin wouldnt let me near her feet before as they were extremley ticklish we use to have a lot of fun then hopefully that will return

the dr came round late on the the day and has asked for the outreach team to be available thursday which means they are going to downsize her traci on thursday another step forwards and as the dr says its still a very long rd ahead phyisos are still working on lin they think there is some tighting of her neck on the right side but they will work on it an try and loosen the neck fingers crossed they have also told me that when she goes to cannock they will really go to work on her and do all they can lin has very low muscle tone and that is the problem but they do have specialized staff to work on lin so they are poitive that something will happen when she gets to cannock but lin has shown me she is trying to help herself i just hope she can continue

tonight i feel drained and tired and not as high as i have been in the past so i will close for now and try and get some sleep dreams keeping me awake some are so real so night night and god bless from lin and me xxx

Archived