Hi

I am so proud, some of you may remember my daughter, Rebecca, had a SAH 4 1/2 years ago at the of 17; she has struggled throughout this time but was determined her SAH would not stop her from doing what she wanted. 

On Friday it was confirmed she has achieved a 1st class honours degree in psychology!

I am amazed at her hard work and dedication, she deserves every happiness in this world.

Her university days have not been what most would expect, her fatigue has prohibited her from taking part in extra curricular activities, but she has got through. She has studied hard but still had a wonderful experience.

She manages her lifestyle to suit her needs and doesn't let it get her down. Yes, she has regular counselling and attends support group every month; but she is a happy and confident young lady.

She starts a new job in couple of weeks, at the RVI, the hospital that saved her life - a new chapter in her life and hopefully the start of a fulfilling career doing something she loves.

Heather x

Wow Heather, that's such fabulous news and it's given me goosebumps! Please give my congratulations to Rebecca and I wish her all the luck in the World with her next adventure! I can well imagine that it's been extremely hard work for her, but she's done it and you must feel so very proud of her! 

Thank you so much for letting us know .. Well done to Rebecca and Mum too! xx

Well done Rebecca (and Mum as I am sure you have given her endless support). Something to be really proud of, I know how hard it is learning new stuff after a bleed so hat's off to her!

Good luck in the new job, I am sure she will be a great asset to the NHS! 

Clare xx

Heather that is such fantastic news, a huge well done to Rebecca and of course to you, it is great that she has adapted her lifestyle to what is good for her, she is amazing.

Great that she is going to work at the RVI, fantastic hospital, they saved my life too In 2014, hope she gets a lot of satisfaction from this new chapter in her life, you are right to be very proud of her.

Sending you both best wishes as you start this next journey.

Love

Michelle xx 

Absolutely fantabulous news.  That's put a huge smile on my face after a very hard day at work - also put things into perspective regarding my hard day compared to your daughter's daily struggles xx

Well Done to Both of you xxx

See there is a life after SAH and may she go from strength to strength.

You must be so proud of her xx 

Wish her well from all of us XXXX 

Well Done Rebecca and your Mum also xx Bet she is beaming  lol xxxxxx 

Hello Heather, also thanks for sharing about your daughter Rebecca 4 1/2 years on.

It really is so uplifting to learn how she has adapted and done so well in her studies. Achieving her degree with 1st class honours and then getting that post at the RVI must make both of you so proud of her resolve and determination.

We all know how much support she will have needed during the early years …. well done to you and your family .

Wishing Rebecca every success as she settles into her working life while also coping with her SAH recovery.

Subs

Hello Heather.

I noticed that Emilia Clarke of Game of thrones fame was on our BBC Breakfast programme this morning

I m sure Rebecca would identify with her having also had SAH trauma at a young age.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/emilia-clarke-a-battle-for-my-life-brain-aneurysm-surgery-game-of-thrones

Subs

Archived