Meeting Richards neurosurgeon tomorrow

Richard is now a week off his sedation and ventilation and is now off all drips and tubes (just the nasal feeding tube remains) as he can't swallow. Saw him last night and is is still in a very confused state - swearing constantly and keeps saying theatening comments about our children which I am finding it very difficult to deal with. I am meeting with his neurosurgeon tomorrow morning so hopefully should get some answers about when they will operate on the remaining aneurisms.

zoe

i feel very upset for you this is one outcome no one expects hopefully is will pass and richard will become more aware this could be because of area of the bleed location i wish you well for tomorrow and hope the news will be better than what it is now will be thinking of you write all your questions down before tomorrow and take your time going through them with him i know it took linda some time to become more lucid so not all is lost just yet fingers crossed ring me if you want take care love to you all xx

Morning Zoe,

So sorry to hear of your current situation, this will be upsetting for you but will not be intentional by Richard and hopefully will improve over time. It is good that you have a meeting with the neurosurgeon tomorrow – hopefully you can take someone with you for support and perhaps prepare a list of questions beforehand.

Hope your children are ok, take care, thinking of you,

Sarah

Morning Zoe,

sorry Richard is not progressing as quickly as you would have hoped.

I know I was in a confused state for several weeks so do not give up hope of further improvement. I still do not remember anything for a six week period so don't blame Richard for the things he is doing or saying.

Good luck with the neurosurgeon meeting tomorow. Will be thinking about you.

Look after yourself and the children.

Hi Zoe :) Thinking of you and Richard...such a very hard time for you and your family.

As Paul has said...write down all your questions, so you dont forget what you want to ask. Is very early days for Richard...i also was very confused for some time like John and cant remember things at all. Thinking of you.

Take care

Love Tina xx

Zoe, I hope you will get some answers tomorrow.

I was told that I was very confused and saying bizarre things that was most unlike me for several weeks and I have no memory at all for a couple of months and then only vague memories for some months after that. It is part and parcel of a SAH.

Try not to get too upset even though I know it will be hard.

Best wishes to you all.

Hello Zoe

So sorry to hear about Richards current situation and I do hope it is a very short-term situation for you all, and he gets back to some sort of normality again soon.

I hope you get answers to all your questions tomorrow at your meeting with the neurosurgeon, and like Sarah(kempse) said; do try to take someone with you, to maybe take notes for you or just to be there for support.

I took a whole list of questions with me to my follow-up appointment, and ticked off questions & made notes as we were talking.

Take care of yourself

Kel x

The meeting went fantastic. There is currently a viral outbreak on Ward 23 but as soon as this is cleared up they are going to bring Richard back to Telford for rehabilitation. They have said his recovery so far has been remarkable.

Surgeon thinks that with physio some movemnet may come back to Richards leg but he holds less hope for his arm. He needs to learn to swallow again so he still has the nasal feeding tube.

Said he is very confused which is why he is saying bizarre things and not to read too much into it.

The other 2 aneurisms will be left for the time being as there is a risk of paralysis to the right side but doctor said they are OK to be left for now.

On the whole now feeling really positive and if we can just get him closer to home that will be great.

Edited by zoe1zoe1zoe1

Hiya Zoe,

that is great news, you must be so relieved. He will hopefully continue to progress at Telford knowing he is so close to home.

I know that when I came back to Telford it was like another step to recovery. It will also be less stress for you with all the travelling.

Very pleased for you both.

zoe im pleased to hear the news that Richard may be going to telford soon i hope te dr answered all your questions and that you are a little clearer in your mind and a little more relaxed please keep us up to date as things move along wishing you both well and forever hopeful hugs and cuddles sweetheart

Hi Zoe

Thats fab that the doctors said he has made a remarkable recovery - what a boost for you both. Its the little comments like that from the Docs that go a long way to positive thinking in recovery.

Tell Richard to keep going strong - he'll get there. Make sure that you're looking after yourself too hun.

Love to you both

fingers crossed zoe

you will still have some ups and downs but hopefully more ups than downs i think when he gets to telford he will really start to improve slowly make sure you take some time out for yourself its going to be a very long haul hugs and cuddles sweetheart take care

hi Zoe,

i have just been reading back onthe last few days of Richards recovery and wow hes coming on great from the last week or so. it brings tears to my eyes to read how well he is doing and how much happier and relieved you are becoming.keep up your strength and remember this s early days lots of improving still to go but hes obviously a fighter and determined to win back his health. Thinking of you both, best wishes

Caz x

Well, Richards discharge paperwork is all complete so just waiting for Telford to ring and say there is a bed for him. Still very confused. Went for an MRI scan today and the nurse asked if he had any metal on him to which he replied he had metal in his eye so she refused to scan him. he is a builder and on occasions has come home from work with metal filings in his eye so I think this is where he got this from. He was also asked today if his tea was nice and he said he preferred dog food. When asked why, he said his mom used to abuse him as a kid by not feeding him so he had to fight the dog for the dog food. Richard has a fab sense of humour so I know he is probably saying it out of confusion but these are things which he could well say anyway to wind people up so it makes you feel like he is still in there somewhere. He has made such amazing progress over the last week - I am so proud of him for not giving in and he does tell me he loves me so that is just amazing.

Hi Zoe,

Sorry to hear Richard suffered a SAH, my partner had one 2 weeks before your partner so i know how your feeling. Glad to hear he is making good progress and still has his sense of humour. The human spirit never ceases to amaze me.

Wishing you both the very best. xx