Tracy

tracy

Hi everyone im new to all this still recovering from my SAH 29th June 2010. Im finding it quite hard dealing with feeling different and not being able todo much exercie and drive.Its great to have people to talk to like me.

Tracy

Edited by Karen
Post moved from Green Room

Hi Tracy,

It is hard to accept you can't do all the things the way you used to. You are only 8 weeks on so you take your time and let people look after you. Remember to rest lots too.

It is really good on this site as everyone is very supportrive and if there's anything you need to ask about, someone can always advise.

I look forward to hearing more about you in your own time.

Sally x

Edited by Karen

Hi Tracy and welcome to BTG, it is such early days for you my love so rest up and don't worry too much about not having the energy it will get better.It really does get better over time its hard to live through it I know but you need to take it easy just now and try not to rush things.

Edited by Karen
post split from Green Room

Welcome Tracey. You have done the best thing by starting on this forum. My family and friends are supportive but they don't know the new experiences you will have to get used too. It's great to speak with others who have had similar issues.

Just remember to sleep as much as you can, your body needs the rest so don't fight it.

Edited by Karen

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to BTG. I think you have done really well to post at all, so soon after your sah.

The beauty of this site is that you can post as and when you feel like it - you never need to feel alone - there is always someone around to share their experiences and help out if needed.

Take care,

Sarah.

hI Tacey, I too had my SAA clipped in June but am a couple of weeks ahead of you. You sound very much like me wanting to get back to 'normal' but it really doe s pay to take it slowly. I had a nap yestrday afternoon which is very rare for me but ws just tooo tired to stay up. If you do too much you pay the price of a couple of days absolute rest (I know because I didn't listen to advice or my body).

You've been through a huge amount & you need to recouperate & rest in order to heal. BTG is a fab place to talk to others about how you are feeling/doing so look forward to chatting to you some more

Welcome Tracy.

You're very early into recovery and I found being ill and not driving very frustrating.

It gets better with time and I found life easier when I began accepting my new parameters instead of trying to slot exactly into my old life.

It's a massive learning curve and there's peaks and troughs, but it's not impossible to get through.

I found this site invaluable and it's helpful to discuss things with fellow sufferers.

Some days are difficult, but that's not to say it's all bad. There is life post SAH! Be easy yourself and allow yourself time to come to terms with things. I wanted everything to be 'normal' immediately. That's a bit unrealistic and it's human nature to be depressed about ill health.

Stay in touch and we'll help you through the next few months.

Lynne

Hi Tracy a warm welcome to BTG.:wink:

I hope you listen to your body and don't feel that you are wrong if you just feel like doing nothing.

Doing nothing physically is at times just what your Brain needs to help it recover. I have just been for my MRI scan review where the consultant said they expect my annie to shrivel up after 2 years. That may seem like a long way off but it is a small price to pay for still being alive.

Enjoy the good days and don't punish yourself if you have an off day.

Hi Tracy

Welcome to the site and to the family.

Really glad that you found us here - for the last four years this site has been a god send for me and very big part of my life. This is best place to find advice and realise that you're not alone in your recovery. Feel free to ask anything you want or even vent your frustrations or worries - we've all been there.

Take care of you