New Member, Dawn - Hello!

DawnS

Good Morning,

I had my SAH on the 14th August last year. I have been hovering around this site since I got home from hospital 3 weeks later and thought I would pop on and introduce myself finally. This website has been a godsend, a huge source of information and comfort to me! A friend found it for me while I was in hospital and I use it almost every day.

Dawn x

Hello Dawn,

Welcome to BTG, a wonderful family of little 'head cases' !!

I've also found this site a godsend, the brilliant people here have helped me through some very dark days.

My dear sis in law found this site for me.

I wish you well with your recovery.

Take care and keep smiling,

SarahLou Xx

Hi Dawn

Welcome to the site and to the family.

You'll find just about every answer to every question you may have on here - there's usually always someone who will have experienced what you are and will tell you how they got through it.

Make sure you're resting and getting plenty of fluids at the moment - it really is the best thing.

Looking forward to learning more about you and your SAH when you're feeling up to it.

Take care

Hi Dawn,

So glad you joined the site, where hopefully taking part will give you even more comfort. It's certainly helpful reading threads on here and gaining knowledge from others who have been through a sah. I wish you well in your own recovery,

Best wishes,

Sarah

Hi Dawn.

Welcome to the exclusive, surviving members, of the SAH/NASAH/STROKE club.

I think a lot of people float around the edges of this site before they join.

I certainly did, for ages.

I am so glad I came in from the cold.

I was so isolated, and thought I was the only person on Earth who had the feelings and fears that nearly destroyed me.

This site changed all that.

So much, unconditional support and friendship, from people whom I have never met (I have since) helped me rationalize my condition and helped to teach me how to climb out of the pit of despair.

For me, the private messaging service has been invaluable.

This is my experience.

When you sense a connection, for any reason, contact that member and open your soul, lay out your fears and just ask for help.

Something you would not do in physical life.

The remoteness of the connection seems to help. You can be much more honest and the rewards, in my case, have been life changing.

I am OK now, thanks to this site, and the wonderful people on it.

Hello Dawn,...... it's a new day! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Keep posting

All the best.

Bill B. X

I was so isolated, and thought I was the only person on Earth who had the feelings and fears that nearly destroyed me.

Good Morning,

Thank you to everone for all the replies! Bill B, this is exactly how I am beginning to feel. It is so hard to describe how this all feels and it's nice to know that here I will be able to 'talk' to people who know what I'm going on about!

I am in a very safe environment at the moment, at home on my own all day while my partner is at work. It worries me that I don't have the opportunity to try new environments - I live in a village in the middle of nowhere and I have still not been told whether I am allowed to drive or not! I feel that my progress has suddenly ground to a halt, is this normal?

Dawn

You really are lucky to have found this site. It does make you feel better as you do not feel alone.

So many similar experiences by strangers all over the globe will bring you comfort and peace.

So many new things will happen to you, strange feelings about what happened, will it happen again, how come I survived. They are all normal.

I like to believe that I survived so that I could see my only Grandchild, such a joy she brings into my life.

Never ask why me? Just be glad that you are here and have a chance to live and experience more wonders of life.

BTG is a fabulous community that will bring you great comfort and knowledge.

Take care and listen to your body, take heed and rest when it calls you.

x