How old were you when your SAH occured?

I'm being nosey as can't remember if i'm the youngest member of this site to have a SAH so far. I'm wondering if there is some correlation between job/ age etc and would love to do some research but unfortunately don't know where to get help from!

Anyway I'm digressing from my question, I was 27 when my SAH occcured. I understand completely if you don't want to be specific with age but wondered what sort of age was most common.

Thanks

Laura

xx

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pam

Hi, I was 49 at diagnosis. I am one of the lucky ones that didnt have a SAH, my headaches, visual disturbances and facial nerve problems led to a brain scan which revealed 7 aneurysms,and three which posed a risk were treated before they could rupture.

pam

Hey there

I was 35 and as my husband and I run our company, the job is very stressful and I was always running around like a blue bummed fly! It's harder to turn off your brain when you've got your own company - you can never really get away from work. I still get stressed but now I try not to let it bother me too much. I think before I was doing far too much around the place - accounts, admin, proof reading etc. Now we have someone who has taken most of that away and we share the other parts - the only thing that is solely my responsibility now is the accounts.

Sami xxx

Guest Cyberhorse Mel

I was 39 - I am a school teacher but lead a busy life riding horses and doing some part time web design and internet promotion. Those who know me woul ddescribe me as "never stopping" and not knowing how to relax! Long days and nights were how I previously filled my life - this has all changed now - although only six weeks post SAH I am still in ealry recovery :-)

Hi

I was 60 when I had my SAH in Nov 07. So I guess I was lucky really when I see the ages of some of you, you are too young to be having something so serious. We all expect bits to drop off/stop working when we hit our 60s. I've always been very lucky healthwise so it was a bit of a shock to be suddenly stopped in my tracks.

Hugs all round

Lesley xxx

Hi Lesley

I don't know about 60's as I've a way to go yet, but IMO 40 is the top of the slippery slope. You go to bed at night and when you wake up in the morning, something that was working perfectly well the day before has packed up or dropped off :lol: They say life begins at 40 ... for many of us it almost ended. But hey, we are the truly blessed ones that are still here to talk about it.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would have put them on my knees!

Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.

Regards

Keith

Laura,

I had my SAH when I was 43, this was on the 17th July 2007. Just three days ago I celebrated my 44th birthday, so hardly a yesr for me yet, but boy am I enjoying life.

Keith, I think you come out with the funniest things, ha! Knees and toes.....hee, hee! :D

H xx

Hi Keith

Yes, your comment said it all: we are the truly blessed ones that are still here to talk about it. And thank goodness we all seem to have a good sense of humour. :D You always make me giggle: long may it continue.

Love 'n hugs

Lesley xxx