Hello everyone from Sally,

sallym25

Hi there, My name is Sally. I have spent the last few days reading through a lot of the posts on your site. I think this is a marvellous thing, as, since my operation to clip a ruptured aneurysm last June I have found it really hard to explain how i feel to people. I am amazed there are so many of us out there and yet it's been so dificult to find someone who can understand me. I have lost a fair sized chunk from my field of vision. My doctors say this is permanent and there is a possibility I wont get my driving licence back. Wont give up hoping for that for a very long time. I know I could still do it! I've had lots of little problems to overcome, had quite a bad bout of depression for a while. Thankfully I seem to be totally over that stage now. Still takes me a few extra seconds to keep my brain in concentration mode. Hopefully that will gradually improve too. I live in scotland with my husband ( who has been my saviour since this happened) and my two young teenagers. I am sure I will be visiting this site regularly as everyone seems to be a great source of support to to others. Thank you for taking time to read this. Sally

Hi Sally and welcome to the site,all in all you sound as though you are doing really well, I'm a carer for my wife merrill she had an sah in march 2009 had 2 annis 1clipped and 1 coiled and then a shunt fitted amonth later, now just over 12 months down the line she still has little problems crop up from time to time, But i still think she is one of the lucky one's as for many its a whole lot worse, so good luck with your continued recovery Best wishes Rod

Yes Sally, you are indeed more than Welcome to be here....

I quote yourself:

"I am amazed there are so many of us out there and yet it's been so dificult to find someone who can understand me."

Well, you have found a group of people who do understand you !

This site is just like an extra arm for us all. It is alive and 'Active'....just like us.

Doors are open 24 hours, never closed even on Christmas day. Somewhere to work....somewhere to learn.....somewhere to recover......somewhere to chat...somewhere to laugh, and of course most of all, somewhere to understand you.

Most pleased you found us all and joined because we know you will enhance this group.

So I say 'Thankyou' to you.

Hi Sally and a big welcome to you.

I think the beauty of this site is that others do understand what it's like and how you feel afterwards. It is always reasuring to know that you are not alone when recovering from a sah. I hope that you do eventually get your driving licence back - that would be the icing on the cake!

Best wishes,

Sarah

Welcome Sally,

I also have vision problems .... also lost a chunk and have double vision to the extremes .... I can drive now, but had to stop for a while due to the SAH, seizures and correcting the double vision. I still have limitations with my driving, as to how many miles I can do .... especially on a bad day, when my balance problems are also in overdrive... but can do enough to get me through the day! :-D

Stay positive and it sounds as though you have good family around you and that's the most important thing. xx

Thank you all so much for replying. It's great to know others are willing to listen. Some of your stories are quite amazing. I can see me becoming a bit addicted to this. Hope I wont be too much of a nuisance to you all. Thanks again. Sally

wellcome Sally

I also have vision problems and Im now 8 month post sha, mine was 3rd sept 2009 and coiled.

Dont despair, originally my eyelid was shut/now its open I had front double vision, now that is gone. The extremes upper/downwards/rightest are still double but I can move my head ...........so...... upt just forgot have non reactive pupil so certain amount of blureed vision as well. Still early for us as according to doctors there are prisms /and even surgical possibilities so just wait and see. Anyhow tell us a bit more and perhaps we can be of more help

welcome sally

i hope you find all the support you need and information that is out in here you never become a nuisance ever we are all in the same level all wanting support and information welcome and yes it can become addictive lol

Hi Sally

Welcome to the site and to the family.

This site is addictive, yes. Its a great comfort to know that there are people out there who know exactly how you feel and exactly what you've been through.

Look forward to chatting to you more

Hi Sally :) a very warm welcome to you. Dont give up on the driving...it took me nearly two years before my vision and balance was ok to drive again. Look forward to hearing more from you....take care xx

Hi Sally

Welcome to the site. I was the same as you, I needed to hear from others that had gone through this and the nearest help group was in Edinburgh (35 miles away) so that was a non starter! It was a godsend finding BTG and helped me understand a lot!

Takce care.

Liz xx

Hi Sally

Welcome to the site/extended family/support network! :D

This site is amazing; like Lynz said, there is always a story or a post that you can relate to and at times it can be like a lightbulb being turned on as it can help you understand why you feel the way you do...and that it is okay and normal to feel that way - happy, sad, mad, confused, upset, angry, happy to be alive, etc etc... the ups and downs of an sah survivor in recovery...

I hope you find great comfort, support and understanding, and I hope to hear more from you soon. (And yes, it does get addictive as you want to keep reading and keep up with what everyone has been up to! ;))

Take care

Kel x