not a new member took me a while

gwsmcmahon

Hello lovely people I'm Gary just to let you all know that your site has helped me through really hard times I will leave my story when I'm up to it rather long winded and computer work not my strong point at the moment.

• Like 6

Hi Gary-

Yes- welcome to BTG-  so glad you have been encouraged by what you have checked out already-

You just take your own time to say what you want to share-  no rush- and I am sure that your comments too will be an encouragement to us and others like yourself who may just be looking for help with their situations-

Looking forward to catching up later-

• Like 2

Hello Gary!  I know what you mean about the site helping you.  I was so freaked out when I came home from hospital I thought every little twitch, pain, etc. was going to make all of the nightmare happen again.  Also totally know what you mean about typing your story or keeping up with posts.  Even today, almost 1 year later, sometimes I just can't post or do a lot of other things - so I go to bed again.  lol  WAIT!  I don't want you to think I am the same as I was a year ago.  I have definitely improved - by a lot.  A lot of my symptoms are from medications.  

Don't worry about rushing your story out.  I read posts for a couple of weeks before I was brave enough to sign on.  Take your healing one day at a time.  Don't get angry or frustrated with yourself as you try to get better.  Believe me...I know about that too.  When you get better and grab the hope you have inside of you, come back here and share your concerns.  You will get a lot of support and it will help you "get" that you can rise above all of this and settle in to feel better.  Last of all - There is a great, silly, positive woman on this site, Winb that can cheer you up at any time.  Try to read her posts.  She will tell you to sing and it has helped a lot of people.

Take care.  Take it easy.  Don't rush yourself.  Think positive.  We will help you.

Love and positive thoughts being sent your way.

Carolyn

• Like 3

Hi Gary :)

A very warm welcome to BTG !

Its good to know the site has helped you through really hard times.

As the others have already said, take your time and join in as and when you feel ready. 

Take care.

• Like 1

Wishing you a warm welcome, they are a very friendly bunch and although sometimes I don't post as much as I would like just hearing people's journeys and picking up tips has been very helpful on my journey since SAH in January.

• Like 3

Hi Gary,

A warm welcome to BTG, I'm glad you found us.

I can't put into words how much this site has helped me.

I looked in on the site a lot but didn't join until about one yr after my SAH.

Prior to joining my journey of recovery was a long, slow and often very lonely one.

All that soon changed with this lovely bunch.

I wish you well with your recovery.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

• Like 1

Hi Gary,

Hope you go from strength to strength and as Carolyn said "Beware of Win as she makes you sing.

Just get well and do things you were told might be impossible, keep happy and laughing as it makes us much

stronger and when you are well I'll sing to you, so better get ready for it xx 

Keep Well and smile

Not Win xx ( ha saw a smile then !!!)

• Like 1

Hi Gary,

Welcome to BTG I know how you feel I spent 3 months looking in before I finally joined the group,

I have to say it is the best thing I have done since I had my SAH, I hope you find it as helpful as I have.

It`s nice to talk to people who know what you are going through, you just take your time.

we are all here to help you when you feel the need to talk.

Look after yourself, I can tell you it does get better with time,

Best Wishes

Michelle

• Like 3

Hi Gary, I too read loads before I was brave enough to put 'pen to paper'. Somehow writing down my experience was a step towards coming to terms with what happened. On the flip side you have to relive all the trauma and I know I shied away from that for a long time. I kept having flashbacks and unfortunately could remember every detail of that very frightening time.

When I eventually built up courage to contact the group - surprise, surprise, the flashbacks started to diminish. I live on my own and apart from talking to my long suffering dog :D I had to keep a lot of my fears and worries to myself. It is good to share and although I haven't posted a lot I feel that this wonderful group has become a big part of my recovery. I look forward to reading your story when you are ready.

Debbie

• Like 4

You'll also be happy to know there are a few men on here who have been through it also.

Macca's on hols and Keith is too busy writing songs for us to guess the Titles.

Rob is a newish member also but he has already wrote on here,  so you are not alone.  Also a few other men on here.

This site helped my Daughter a great deal while I was in cuckoo land xx

Keep Happy when possible Gary and good luck in your recovery.

Regards

Winb143

• Like 3

Hi Gary ,great you've found the group ,I don't always comment but read the posts everyday ,it's been a great help to me ,there are some lovely people on here that make you feel that you're not on your own ,I'm old school ,my original bleed was 15 years ago but still need support due to new ones I've now got ,take your time my friend x

• Like 3

Hi Gary, a warm welcome to Behind the Gray :)

It's lovely to have you on board - just post as and when you feel up to it. There's a wealth of experience on this forum, some of which has already been of benefit to you. Support and understanding go a long way on the road to recovery, so stay with us!

Best wishes,

Sarah

• Like 1