rod 123

paul99

hello everyone

i have been speaking to rod 123 for some weeks now and with his permision tonight i have been permitted to post on his behalf

as you know rod is the husband of mel who suffered an sah some years ago and has been a regular contributer on btg

how ever over the last few months rod has been admitted to hospital for treatment of cancer of the lung which was removed by a lobectomy and found to be clear however he has returned for a body scan and the drs found two cancers in the brain one is larger than the other over 2cms in diamater he is now finding it hard at times to remember names and in mid speech forgets what he was saying the prognisis is very very poor and he is due to be admitted into john radclife on sunday i hope you will join me in wishing rod well in his fight over the next few months his children have stepped up to the plate to care for mel and i wish everyone well for the ongoing fight rod is facing good luck rod

I had the absolute pleasure to meet both Rod and his wife Merrill at the BTG Christmas Meet in 2009. There are times in life when things really just don't seem fair and words fail me and this is one of those times.

Rod if you're looking in, my thoughts, prayers and love are with you as you fight your battle. xxx

I thought that I would add the photo of Rod and Mel, taken at the BTG Meet in 2009. Click on the photo itself to enlarge it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1618[/ATTACH]

I also have met both Rod & Merrill, they graced me with a visit whilst on Holiday.

My thoughts and prayers got out to Rod and his family.

Thank you Paul for bringing this to the attention of those who know them, and fellow BTG Members.

I am so sorry to hear this news. I have not met Rod, but I do remember when I first joined BTG and couldn't find my way around the site and was wondering if I should even post my story, he was the one who sent me a pm giving me encouragement to try it and join in the discussions. Thanks Rod - little did I know then that I would be still an active member posting over 2 years later.

Sending love and hugs to you and Merrill at this time - keep fighting.

Thanks Paul for notifying us all,

Sarah

Paul if you speak to him or Mel please pass on our love & thoughts. My mum was diagnosed with lung cancer & had a lung removed so I understand what the familyare going through. Life can be very unfair to the nicest people.

Sending love to you too xx

Hi Paul thank-you for letting us know about Rod. I also had the great pleasure of meeting Rod and Merril both lovely people my thoughts and prayers will be with him,Merril and the family. Rod if you are looking in wishing you all the best in the battle you are fighting love to you and Merril.

Edited by Janet

Hi all, I would just like to say thankyou for the kind words of encourougement, i'm off to Addenbrookes on sunday for an op to remove a 3.1 centremetre tumour on the front left of my brain and hopefully this will give me 6 months of relatively pain free time bar the radiotherapy, which i dont really understand much about that ,but Merrill is now 3 years down the line on tuesday and she is so much better that she was so i have this to be happy for, really about the only thing she does'nt do is go out on her own and that is mainly due to her unsteadiness and the risks of falling,

I Hope i will post again, i now only have one lung so i do have what they call underlying problems, but i hope to speak to you all very soon Best Wishes Rod and Merrill x

Hi Rod,

I'm so glad to hear that Merrill is coping well and is much better than she was :-D....give her my very best wishes. xx

I wish you all the very best for Sunday and I shall be thinking of you .... you make sure that you come back and visit us when you're feeling better .... I shall be looking forward to having a natter with you .... love Karen xx

Rod, when I first joined BTG you gave me the answers as to why I was like I am and helped me to understand what it was all about. You gave me tips on how to cope with the persistant dizziness, something that the doctors and physio failed to do. I am forever grateful to you for that.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and of course Merrill at this trying time.

Hi Rod

Lovely of you to pop in. Great news that Merill is doing better. She's some a long way with your strength.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for a speedy recovery from the surgery.

Love, thoughts and prayers with you.

• 4 weeks later...

hi i text rod last week a week after he came out of hospital just he finds it easier to text than talk as he finds it hard to hold conversations but he felt ok but finds talking a little difficult hopefully he may pop in sometime soon best wish's rod