My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone

im surprised its been a while since i last posted and i thought you deserve to be kept up to date

lots of things have been happening prior to Christmas and since some not very nice and some very nice the family are still causing waves which is always unsettling to say the least and is still ongoing legal issues which i cant say much about but because of that lin was tested by the speech and language therapist for the legal matter she saw lin alone and the tests show that lin will respond to commands but not respond to requests to move her limbs the command given shows that lin is aware and she is going to set up a program to push lin to try and get more response and maybe speech will improve although there are times lins responses are not consistent but there is hope for improvement

i have engaged a solicitor who is dealing with the two hospitals who broke the data protection act and it looks like they are liable to a fine of one hundred thousand pounds by the information commissioner the gmc are taking lins case to the panel next week in respect of the dr and if it goes to a type of trial hearing within the gmc

Christmas didn't appear again this year although lin got presents it didn't seem like Christmas at all it pulled me down so much i did think of ending it but then thought that if i did that who would look after lin all i wanted was to hear lins voice and for her to respond back to what i was saying to her

lin is still doing well she seems much stronger physically and more alert and responsive when anyone comes into the room lin sits out in the chair every three days the staff are being very careful of her bottom quite understandably and im starting to try and get a bed installed at the flat along with a hoist and air mattress so i can start to get lin home for the odd day every week still got a long way to go but im stuck to her for life

just feel now and then so uptight and alone the tears just flow ive given up on stopping them i just want to hear lins voice im going to close now before i really let go so from my darling lin and me goodnight and god bless

God bless you Paul....my heart goes out to you xx. You have been and are so strong, its not surprising that you feel so down sometimes. Sending you and Lin big hugs....i really hope things sort out for you soon. Wonderful news that Lin is responding so well and that steps are being made to help her improve even more. Sending loads of positive vibes your way. Hang in there Paul, hope 2011 will bring all things good your way....take care, love and hugs Tina xx

Hi Paul

You are such a wonderful husband to Lin. I agree with Tina, you have such strength but it's not surprising you get so tired of everything that you have to deal with. But lets hope Lin continues to respond to this new programme. Sending you hugs, take care. xx

Paul, I'm so sorry to hear you have had so much happening lately which left you feeling as you did. I think you are truely inspirational and I doubt that any of us could cope with what you have to. You have done an amazing job doing what's best for your beloved Lin and to have had the added pressures too, makes me think you must be one extra special person. I hope the speech therapy course brings some positive results and that it is not too long before Lin can join you on occasions at home. You have an enviable strength which shines through and I hope this returns enabling you to carry on caring for the special person in your life, Lin. She is one lucky lady having you around.

Take care

Sarah

Hi Paul i really can sympathise with you, as if you hav'nt got enough on your plate without the family problems, i can understand you feeling down it's been along haul, but on the upside in the last few months Lin has been making progress, and your post have all been favourable lets hope Lins progress continues, and i hope you soon start to feel a bit better, Good Luck Rod

bless you Tina Liz and Sarah and rod

yes it is getting harder and harder not hearing lins voice and not getting reaction as such from her i just miss what we had and her voice and twinkle in her eyes she had sorry i going to go filling up again bye

Hi Paul

So sorry to hear you are so (understandably) upset. You are such a lovely person and so warm and kind with your words and thoughts for others.

I just pray Lin makes some more progress with the new program from the speech & language therapist.

Take care

Kel x

Paul stay strong your a good person and don't deserve any of this. Sometimes it must feel hopeless but you are a fighter and its clear you love Lyn so very much.You'll do whats right for her no matter what just stay focused. Love and very best wishes

Maggie

More hugs and love from me, Paul :) You are an amazing husband, and you do so much for Lin, it would be too terrible a loss if you were to end it. Please don't think of that again! :( Make sure, however, that you think of yourself too. I'm not sure what that entails, and you are wonderful for putting Lin first, but you have to be strong and healthy to take care of her. Be strong and keep smiling x

• 5 weeks later...

Paul,

I'm going to PM you. I hope that's ok? You have been an unbelievable support to everyone on here. I have just caught up with your posts after Dylans illness. Your comments meant so much to us both.

Stay strong, you mean so much to everyone on BTG. You help so many of us and although it's hard for you with what you are going through, we all need you/want to be here for you in the same way you are for us and wish you felt better right now xxx

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

im so sorry it has taken so long since i last posted a lot has been going on which has left me shell shocked and not very social there have been some improvements which seemed to have stalled over the last month or so lin has been got up everyday for a couple of hours and at times looks me directly in the eyes and it sends the hackles up on the back of my neck (nice feeling )lin is stronger but at the moment is sleeping more but when she wakes up she does take notice some of the girls have said lin has spoken to them (sods law not when im there ) i have been able to take lin out into the sunshine over the last week which has been wonderfull .

the family are causing more problems and the social workers and pct are going to the court of protection to keep them away permanantly un beknown to me lin had made a will out just after we ran away and an advanced directive which a friend had in his safe at home and social services opened it expecting just the will when they found the directive in which she has asked me to if i was able to look after her and that she wanted nothing whatsoever to have any dealings with the ex family i havent read it because i was told there was a bit addressed to me but it would upset me so i asked them to seal the enverlope i didint want to know what she said because i was intended for the end but since then i have been told what lin had written it reduced me to tears big time quote ( my darling teadybear your honeybun loves you so much and will love you forever your darling honeybun ) that reduced me to tears i still cant believe lin had the forsight to write such a letter she obiviously thought something was going to happen because of the ex family boy it hurt but i did give her such a huge cuddle and it appeared that she heard the social worker speak on the phone loudspeaker she looked me directly into the eye as the words were read .

the solicitor has written to both hospitals with no joy they seem to be ignoring it so i have written to the information commissinor to deal with it i am also waiting for the GMC to write to me if i dont hear anything by friday i will be calling them

i have just remembered i have seen the pct about having stuff at home but they want to hold off untill the court of protection has issued an order preventing the ex family from having any contact berfore granting anything we need how ever i have had a demonstration of a car that lin fits into and enjoyed the short ride and placed an order and got rid of my car to cover the deposit so hopfully lin and i will be able to drive to our favorite place and spend a couple of hours together in a favorite spot weather permitting although i havent really partipated in many threads i do look in everyday and i will try and pull my socks up and take more active role i think that is all for now so from a very tired lin and me goodnight and god bless

Oh Paul, I really hope that you can soon get some closure with Lin's ex-family .... must be driving you doolally! Lin sounds as though she's doing pretty well and the car sounds a wonderful idea .... bet she would absolutely love it! :-D

Hugs to you as always .... Love Kxx

Paul your lvoe for lin shines through your posts, I really hope you get the peace you need from the family. I hope the new car will be a pleasure you can both share & get out to enjoy the sunshine. Give lin lots of hugs & kissed from us too,she is one special lady! xxx

Paul, I've just finished reading this thread. What an emotional roller coaster you have been on. I've never known anyone to be so committed and dedicated to another person, you are a saint and a wonderful man and the world needs more people like you.

As if you and Lin didn't have enough struggle, that family business needs to be put to rest! You two deserve peace and quiet so you can use all of your energy positively toward loving and healing.

Sending you the biggest hugs and good thoughts, for both you and Lin.

Sandi K. Xox

Paul, so hope the family problems get sorted very soon, so as not to sap your energies any longer.

The car sounds great - it would be nice if this current good weather lasted all summer giving you those well deserved opportunities of getting out and about with Lin.

Take care,

Sarah

Archived