My Darling Linda

paul99

Hi Paul,

I can only agree with all that Tina has said!

You will never let Lin down or yourself. I think, that there are perhaps many people, that would have run in the opposite direction, but you haven't done that and you've stayed as a constant in Lin's life. Don't ever do yourself down! Your support to others on this site is well recognised. :-D

It's good to hear that Lin is still making progress and I just hope that you get a date with the operation soon.

Lots of love, K xxxx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there Paul, as you've done all this time. You haven't let Lin down in any way. You're there and fighting for her. I'm sure it must be frustrating, to say the least, that you are still waiting for a surgery date!!!

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and sending huge hugs and healing energy across the pond!!!

Take care,

Carolyn

thank you so very much all of you

its not often i get down the way i have been over the last couple of months worrying about lin and having problems with some of the staff not caring its only a couple every time i see them my hearts sinks i have spoken to ann and she is sorting it out as long as lin is ok im ok but cross me and let me catch someone doing something wrong then watch out

but ann caught me out on thursday ive been having chest pains but managed to hide them untill ann walked into lins room so im being watched big time and yes i do have an appointment at tamworth hospital for it and the fact i have lost three stone since january i feel ok but ann the deputy at the home is on my case every day she even called in this afternoon to make sure im ok so who's feeling a naughty boy then boy i feel like one but she is lovely thank you for caring about me hugs and cuddles from us both

Hi Paul,

I totally understand what you're saying. I'm generally a nice person but when someone doesn't do the right thing by my son I am the proverbial psycho ..... from hell & will not be messed with! I'm sure all the staff working with Lin will realise where you are coming from & hopefully do things right now they know you are on to them (doesn't excuse them not doing the right thing regardless though).

It is heart warming to see someone looking out for YOUR health & well being too. Pleased to hear you have an appointment. You are no good to Lin if you become ill yourself blah, blah, blah - I know you already know all this...

Take care Paul, of yourself & Lin

Michelle x

Hi Paul ,

I've followed your journey for the last 3 years. That was the time my sister Kim had a grade v SAH. It was in the MCA like Lins and basically blew out half her brain. She had Terson's, followed by blindness which was partially resolved with surgery.

She had a shunt which blocked once & had to be re done. She was in Rehab for 15 months. They said she would never be able to go home because she couldnt transfer from bed to wheelchair but she went one better & started walking!

No thanks to the rehab, they never even tried. It was a private physio who just took a chance. Rehab nearly killed her.She finally went home in feb 2011,but only after her partner Deb threatened the health minister in their state that if he didnt come up with the carer hours necessary Deb was driving them both off a cliff.

Kims cranioplasty to replace the bone was done 4 months after the SAH , and yes it did make a significant difference in her

cognitive ability. Problem was the surgeon did it the way he had always done it - which proved to be the wrong way, he put the muscle under the bone. No problem except it caused ever increaseing pain when Kim moved her mouth. She had to have corrective surgery in January to fix it. Apparently doing it the right way and laying the muscle on top of the bone would have taken an exrtra 30 minutes. My God!.

Anway Paul, please make sure they dont do the same to Lin. This man was the head Neurosurgeon at the Hospital so experience doesnt necessarily equate to competency.

Today Kim can walk with a walker or cane if she's not too tired. She can talk & read, but thats difficult because of the visio spatial deficits. She has a sense of humour & is still the sister I love. Its been such a long, painful road. Her partner Deb has been unbelievable. Without her fighting the fight every step of the way, Kim would never would have got this far. Her short term mermory is awful, but better than the 5 minutes that it used to be. She can still answer all the questions in the quizzes but doesnt know how to answer the mobile phone!. The affects have been enourmous, but our new normal, day by day is becoming more acceptable. Anyway Paul I really just wanted to mention about the Cranioplasty, chances are they would do the right thing but you can never be too careful.

Hang in there

love Mandy

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

sorry i havent posted for a while but i have been logging on every day and thank you for your comments it helps a great deal

anyway so good news which is scaring the pants of me to be polite lin has a provisonal date for surgery on the 19 december bed space permitting for crainioplasy and shunt adjustment im pleased but also scared witless lin also see's the neurologist on the 8 november for a topup of botox in her left arm which worked fantasticly last time lin has been very settled over the last few weeks so its been peace and tranquil take care hugs and cuddles to you all

• 2 weeks later...

morning everyone i hope you are all ok

yesterday lin went to see the new dr for a check up in respect of the botox top up

it was an early start as the appointment was at 9.30 lin looked so beautifull when i get to the home to pick her up bright yellow top with frill down from the shoulder to waist it was a short trip to the hospital expecting the normal long wait and chance to chat to others to be dumbfounded to be told to sit then 2 mins later asked to go in to see the dr the dr was shockingly fantastic so caring and more interested with what lin has and hasnt been able to do she gave lin such a through check up like i have never seen before which was amazing lin followed her around with her eyes it was magic to see lin react in that way

the dr even apologised for sticking needles into her forearm bicepts and the joint near the shoulder lin kicked her leg out with the jab to the forearm

the dr is reffering lin the the phyiso dept for assesment to see what they can do for lin to stimulate even more than what we are doing now within two weeks

we came out after half and hour with tears in my eyes said it all what a lovely careing dr who DOES have lindas best interests at heart and another dr who does what is written on the tin lovely so the light at the end of a very long tunnel is getting nearer and brighter love to you all from lin and me xx

Morning Paul,

that's really lovely! Do you think she was better becaquse she was female? I'm not being sexist here at all, it's just that a couple of weeks ago I went to my GP surgery and couldn't get in to see my usual Dr. I saw a female doctor and she was far more interested in me and how I feel that my own GP. He is very mcuh of the opinion that I survived and I should simply be delighted with that. Which of course I am, but it's not always as simple as that is it.

It sound like Lin felt a connection with her too if she was following her around with here eyes like that? Brilliant news Paul!

Dawn x

Paul,

You are strong and Lin will get better with your help.

Good luck to you both xx

Like Mandy I had no help from physios and they have hurt me and walking has gone back.

Good luck Paul

Keep the faith xx

WinB143 (Bessies Mum ) xx

hi dawn

im not sure for the last four years i have had nothing but negitivty i know when we saw the neurosurgeon was totaly different to the one who did the surgery in the first place and was so caring towards lin talking to her directly and leaning on her chair

the first time we saw the neurologist she was caring but a little bit off but this time it was full on but so genuine towards lin i think the dr we saw yesterday would top my list as the best she was looking into the future for lin and is making plans for after surgery all good

win im sorry they hurt you but i know when i was in a wheeelchair after being blown up i swore at her so much because she hurt me and pushed me but she got me going and i am very grateful i think you need to find someone who understands that is not just a job hugs and cuddles

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone

just letting you know i have just had the best day in a long time lin celebrated her birthday today lin was so alert and so relaxed and settled lin has been looking at me and looking around i even got a sob from her when i showed lin her presents it was a magical day dressed all in lemon looked stunningly beautiful and i tied a rope around my ankles because when i looked into her eyes i felt myself going into them wow thank you for caring xx paul

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone

today was the day i was going to let you know that lins op was due for next wendesday but i had a call this morning which has really shot us both down we went to the hospital last weds and did all the test's but today because lin is now boarderline mrsa pos the sugeon has cancelled the op until there are at least three clear results which by my reckoning is going to be at least a another month sorry to bring bad news im going to go there isnt anything else i can say take care xx lin and paul

Archived