My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone

im sorry i havent posted for a while things havent moved on any on the legal issue it went to london court for directions again we are now waiting for a dr to come and assess lin and ive been led to believe that if lin reacts the way she had been doing when certain names are spoken in front of her the reaction was very significant between the two sets it will stop there and then but if not three days have been booked for may!!! its pulled me down big time

linda seems to have stepped back for the last six weeks she is now giving the appearence of sleeping she dosn't open her eyes now and is so relaxed and like sleeping beauty ive kissed her loads but it hasnt workedbut if i mention certain words i seem to get a response its not having the eye contact we used to have and her watching the tv im not sure if it is due to a drug she is being given which has made her so tired so the dr has been reducing it over the last two weeks but so far no change im not sure if the brain is now shutting down due to the bleed i just dont know i do have a gut feeling that im going to lose her and i cant shake it no matter what i do i dont want to lose her im sorry i saying this but there is no other way i can talk to anyone as there is no one close enough i cant do without lin all the promise's i gave her and i cant help her other than being with her and holding hands and praying that she doe's her best sorry im going to close now i dont want to upset anyone take care from lin and me

Hi Paul,

I'm so sorry and saddened to hear Lin isn't doing well lately!!! Hopefully as the dr.s reduce whatever meds she's been on, things will begin to improve!

I can't imagine what you must be dealing with court -wise, and at the same time feeling so low and distraught about Lin's condition and possibly losing her. Are the docs doing any kind of tests to see about how her brain is functioning?

You've both been through so much already! I know you are feeling hopeless right now and are doing everything you can from your end to help. Please know I am keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers! PMing you my friend.

Sending you and Lin huge healing hugs,

Carolyn

Aw Paul, I so wish I could give you a hug right now rather than being so far away in cyber space. You've had such a journey with so many ups and downs, but Lin is a fighter - don't lose hope, it maybe that the medication is making her sleep so much and maybe this will ease as the medication is reduced. We're all here hoping things improve soon for you Paul, including the court issue which must be so draining for you.

Love to you and Lin,

Sarah

Paul

So sorry to hear how you're feeling and that Lin seems to be struggling. Hopefully when the meds are gone she'll respond more - defo think its worth asking for a scan for brain activity though.

Stay strong my dear - my thoughts, hopes and prayers are with you both.

Love and hugs

xoxoxoxo

Hello Paul

I am so sorry to hear that Lynne has not been responding so well lately. Hopefully it is just the effect of different medication, but a brain scan to assess the level of activity may indeed help you to understand what is going on.

You should carry on holding her hands, kissing her and talking to her, and doing everything you have been doing all this time, being her rock.

I hope things start to improve soon, and that the court case will not cause you too much more pain and anguish.

Take care of you

Kel x

bless you all

for your message's after making a few telephone calls to a hospital in the midlands and a very long talk to a secretary and having a long talk to lins gp today lin is being referred to queen elizabeth hospital for a neuroligist to review lin and we will see if he can solve the problem lin has the baclofen has been reduced yet again lin should be seen within six weeks so ive been told so fingers crossed

on a personal note thank you so very much for being here for me without you i know i wouldnt have coped in any form i know it seems ive been always down but lin does mean so much to me and the worried and threat of losing lin is always there in the forefront and i cannot shake it i just want lin to have the best chance of whatever she can do then we can get on with our lives bless you all from the bottom of my heart i can never repay you for your kindness and thoughts all my love paul xxx

Hey Paul

You don't have to repay us - its reward enough that you keep us updated on Lin's progress. She's come so far hun - i'm sure she'll continue to progress. You are an inspiration Paul and a testimony that true, deep and lasting love does exist.

Sending you both the usual massive hugs and kisses

Paul, you don't bring people down. I'm sure that many others, like me, often wonderer how you both are & wish you both some happiness.

With my sons illness I have experienced that awful dread & fear of losing someone you love so much & knowing that you'd never recover from that loss. I read a line in a book years ago about 'the cold fist of fear in the pit of your stomach' at the time I didn't really get it. Driving home in the early hours after my sons diagnosis, I found out exactly what that line meant. There is no more awful feeling in the world & I know that nothing anyone can do or say will make it stop but being able to express it on here helped me enormously & the replies from other members also helped by making it ok to cry while reading them & let some of the pain out. I think about you often and how you are getting on.

Good luck with Lins review. I hope all goes well. Look forward to hearing of some brighter times for you both very soon.

Take care of yourself too.

Michelle x

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

sorry ive not posted for a while lots going on although i do pop in every day

now the GOOD news

lin had her review today at queen eleizabeth hospital at 2-30 and boy what a whirlwind episode

the dr who has never seen lin before took one look at lin as we walked in to his room he took a potted history as to what lin had gone through and without asking the following was said im going to do a ct scan at the same time the ct scan will take the measurements of lins skull and have a titetanium plate made for a cranial plasty then once thats done we will rescan mri and get all the nuero rehab team to check lin and do whatever is nessasary to help her he thinks the spinal coloum is kinked which is causeing lin to flop over to her left and also making her drowsey because lin was so responsive he is pulling out the stops he was stunned that lin had never had nuero rehab because the brain is open to atmospherics this has caused the spinal coloum to kink by putting the flap back it will check the problem he wants to check the shunt as well and maybe reajust if nessasary this happened before i asked if he wanted to see lins scans which i took with us he left the room next thing someone else came in and said she was going to do an eeg now so we walked into the room oppisite and they did the scan took half an hour to check to see if lin was sufferring epilepsy fits we dont know the results as of yet but going in to see a dr to have all this thrown at us made both the manager of the home and myself head spin it still is spining but to have an eeg done at the same time was gob smacking to say the least you good see my smile and grin a mile off with no lights someone who was and is willing to give my lin a chance to improve with no questions or argument sorry but i cant stop smiling lin manged to cope so well she let the eeg people she wasnt happy about them sticking things to her skin big time when they finished she fell alseep as they did the trace and she slept all the way back to the home we both think this will happen fairly soon as well but he isnt very happy about the lack of treatment and the way she should have got treatment but didnt and thinks she could or may have made a better recovery if she could if she had the right support in the beginning well for a tired paul and a totally flaked out lin bye for now xxpaul

it a huge huge hospital never seen anything like it wow we left the home at 12-45 got back to the home at 1930 straight to bed

hi sandy

yes he has taken full control of lin as of yesterday the main thing is that he cares and can see there is hope whatever the outcome

win i will support anyone who needs it im getting to the stage of contacting people to find out WHY there is such a difference in care within the uk want to shout from the rooftop WHY dont they all work the same

where there is life and signals from someone like lin why are they thrown on the scrap heap and pushed into the sidelines once this other matter is dealt with in court i will try and do something to help anyone get the right support bye for now xpaul

ps i know i couldnt have done it without all the support from you all on btg thank you so much

Wow Paul, what a day you had yesterday! I hope your head is spinning less today and trust your smile is still beaming. To get this Doctor to have Lin's interest at heart is nothing short of what you both deserve.

Take care,

Sarah

Wow Paul, what fantastic news the a doctor has sat up and taken notice of Lin. I hope there is a good outcome from the tests.

Sadly the NHS write folk off much too early in their recovery, not giving them any chance for improvement over the long term.

I have seen improvements in people I know years after the event, just because they have taken it upon themselves to keep perservering with exercises they were given earlier in their recovery and even ones they have designed themselves.

I believe in my case, if I had been given help on discharge I would not have been left permantely disabled, instead I had to fight for it many months later once I had discovered that there was help out there, a tad too late, but even so I keep at it hoping that eventually I may improve.

Keep your pecker up Paul.

Archived