Ten Years on!

Macca

Well, I made it!  Ten years to the day since my 'event' and I'm still here.  It just shows it can be done!

It is also eight years to the day that I married the lady that saved my life, my wife Sandra!

It is hard to believe that all that time has passed.  I am eternally grateful to my surgeon and his team. 

Well, the weather is fine, the sun is shining, it's a clear blue sky (not often you can say that in Salford!) and we're going for an Italian tonight.  

Here's to the next ten and thanks to everyone who has supported me through these last ten years.  I have learned so much from others 'who get it' on this site and your experiences, strength in the face of adversity, and your downright humanity, humbles me.

I wish everyone all the very best in your recoveries however long it takes and just say from me "Thanks for being there!" 

Hello Macca ...also congratulations and well done 10 years on.

You're still there and have shown that it can be done. 😊

Thanks for providing your candid advice and support along the way.

Also best wishes on your 8th wedding anniversary.  

Enjoy that Italian tonight. 

Subs

Congratulations Macca! Hope that you have a very happy day celebrating!  

Thank you for all of your wise words, help and support over the years....it's a pleasure knowing you!

Enjoy celebrating with Sandra this evening...Happy Anniversary! 🥂xx

Macca - happy anni-versary and wedding anniversary :-)

You're a wise and compassionate man who has been there for anyone and everyone who needed you and you never fail to have the time to pass on your wise words - it most certainly is a pleasure knowing you :-) 

Macca Congratulations on your 10 years Anni-versary milestone and Happy 8th Wedding Anniversary  to you both 🥂 

You have been a great comfort and support to myself and many and have really made a difference, thank you for being the very special person that you are  :) xx

Love Tina xx

Macca Congratulations on your 10 year Anni- versary and your 8th wedding anniversary.

You are a lovely man, always a great support and great friend to everyone, I have been very grateful on many occasions for your words of encouragement and support. Enjoy your celebrations tonight. Here's to your next 10 years.

Love

Michelle xx

Hi Macca,

Congratulations on both your 8th wedding anniversary and your 10 year milestone.  You are an inspirational person, who not only had to contend with your own recovery from sah, but have helped so many others, me included, through your very wise words along the way.  I really admire your eloquently written posts which are always positive, helpful and written from the heart💜

I hope you both enjoyed your Italian - felice anniversario !

Love,

Sarah x

Thank you all very much for your kind words.  I really find it difficult to believe how long it has been since this awful event happened to me. 

The silver lining though is that I came into contact with all of you. From my point of view, I think you underestimate how much of a help you all are to me with the inspirational things you do, sometimes in the face of terrible adversity.  I think this group is a kind of push me pull you type of thing where we all bounce and thrive off each other and long may it continue.

Just for the record, my wife and I had a fabulous meal last night in a superb Italian restaurant to cap off a lovely day.

Once again, thank you to everyone for 'being there' for me.

Macca

Hi Macca,

I send  you my very best congratulations on 10 years since your event.  Also Happy anniversary to you and your love...Happy to read you had a wonderful Italian meal out to celebrate.

You have an incredible way of giving support on this forum and you share generously.  I am so appreciative of your time and wisdom.  I so agree with you that this group is a push and pull thing...helping each other. 

Be well xx

Jean

Macca hope the anniversary was special. You always bring words to situations that offer realism, hope and comfort and I know you continue to look forward to the possible of what’s in each day so I am sure it was a lovely day. Thank you for your friendship and help on BTG. You are a wise warrior indeed. X

Archived