My Darling Linda

paul99

Paul, great news about Lin, but so sorry to hear that you need tests .... I hope that the stress over the years hasn't added to your health condition. Thinking of you and wishing you well.... you know where I am. xx

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you all lin was blue lighted back to hospital sat evening with rejection infection just popped in before I go to hospital myself lins in intensive care and after a worrying two days lins holding her own the surgeon will not remove the plate unless its the absolute last resort I have my fingers toes and eyes crossed until I can get there in the morning take care

My Dear Paul and Lin,

I am sending you both much love and big hugs.

I hope that Lin's infection can soon be cleared with medication and I pray that all your own current tests will all go ok.

Dear Paul, you give us all so much strength and guidance, we will be your strength now.

Stay strong and remember you have us all here rooting for you.

Your'll be in my thoughts and prayers this evening.

Much love to you both,

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

I'm posting on behalf of Paul with an update.

But, firstly I would like to say many thanks to you all for supporting Paul! Paul is a highly regarded member of BTG and has become a friend to many on here since joining the site and has shown great kindness, support and empathy on this forum.

Lin became extremely poorly on Tuesday night, which was an absolute worry for Paul, but Lin is thankfully now stable. It wasn't a rejection of the plate or the shunt, but another infection (which they can't find) and is now being treated with yet more antibiotics ....bless her.

Paul would have liked to have updated you himself, but he's very tired and hasn't had any sleep since Tuesday night, as he understandably didn't want to leave Lin ... so hopefully he's now tucked up in bed and asleep!

Paul has also had his tests/scan this week, which he's awaiting the results for.

Thanks again for your messages of support to Paul...xx

Thank you dear Karen for the update.

It's great to hear that Lin is now stable.

Fingers crossed that Paul's results will be in soon and that things will be ok for him.

They are both in my thoughts and prayers.

SL Xx

Thank you, Karen, for your update!

Paul and Lin, thinking of you both and sending huge hugs and lots of healing energy your way, for positive results and speedy recovery from most recent events!!!

Paul, you have been so inspirational and helpful to so many on this site. I truly wish you both WELL.

Do know we are all here supporting you :)

xxxooo

Carolyn

hello our dear dear friends I have been sent home like a naughty schoolboy to get some sleep lin is on the road to recovery I hope lin opened her eyes for the first time yesterday afternoon after such a very close call and thank you to the lovely Karen for all her support and help posting for me . as I know and understand I wanted to be with lin , I cannot understand where lin gets her strength from and I marvel at her inner strength for pulling through such another ordeal lin has had so much thrown at her and despite everything lin has pulled through thank god there were times in the last week I thought I would be left alone especially tues I have never seen lin change colour so many times even to deep purple and so grey the hospital have tested for every known infection including meningitis and up to now haven't found what or where the infection has come from even the lumber puncture proved negative so one of life's mystery's but in all honesty I don't think I could go through this again but I know I will if needed it was and is terrifying but lin has come through so far and will hopefully recover at a pace she can manage the home thought either the shunt had blocked or the plate was rejecting as the was so much fluid coming through the skin even the ambulance crew looked at lin and alerted the hospital that they were coming in under blue lights the care Linda has been shown by the hospital and staff are unbelievable to say the least even the ambulance crew have popped into see her and find out how lin was doing honestly I will never be able to thank the hospital enough as long as I live for the care and dedication they have shown lin nothing was too much for them if a machine bleeped once they were there I just cant get over how three hospitals can be so different bless you all for your support I am extremely humbled by the amount of support you on btg have shown both lin and me thank you so much its something I would never be able to repay either in kind or any other way thank you the plate is intact and safe due to the staff and drs at the hospital I know now Linda must be the major shareholder in the companies that make antibiotic's lin has had so many pumped into her is unbelievable but lin is on the way to recovery bless her thank you so much for your love and support for lin and myself thank you as for my tests the results are not good the ct scan was carried out at lins hospital because she was so ill and forwarded on to the hospital that is looking after me because I refused to leave lin I have seen the photos of one of the tests and its not good I have to go for further tests and investigations once lin is back at the home thank you for your support but this site is for lin not me bless you all so much for your support and love I will close now so again thank you from the bottom of my heart and I know from lin as well hugs and cuddles everyone xx

Hi Paul,

I think everyone would agree that we are all here for you as much as for Lin. I'm sorry to hear of all the horror you have gone through in the last week. You must be absolutely exhausted mentally & physically, please try to get some rest, you already know the hospital are taking very good care of Lin while you have some rest.

I'm so pleased to hear that she is now recovering and I have my fingers crossed that your own results will not be as bad as you think.

Michelle xx

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear Lin is on the mend. It must have been so scary & you have both been through so much already. She is obviously a very strong person, as you are too.

Hope you are looking after yourself.

My thoughts are with you both,

Tulip

Just want to echo that we are here for you both and there are many people on BTG who will want to support you through your health issues in the same way you've supported us.

I hope you have managed to get some rest. I would imagine you are very tired following the worry of recent weeks.

You are a remarkable man Paul. Sending you cyber hugs.

L xxx

good morning everyone bless you for all your comments in regard to lin and myself thank you I took lin back to the home last night as lin has become more stable and drs feel they have done all they can the antibiotics have done their job and lin looks like lin now there have been quite a lot of changes in lin which the drs think will take three to four months to recover back to where she was before this happened so another step backwards again but lin is still with me I still count my blessings .now that lin is back at the home my drs have contacted me and is arranging for me to be investigated again under a g/a which includes the lymph glands around the heart have enlarged big time and they will take a chunk of the growth for tests im so tired and drained and will be having a few early nights so im off to make sure lin is ok so god bless from me and lin xx

Paul, I'm pleased to hear Lin is over the worst of that nasty infection and is now back in her familiar surroundings.

I'm hoping you can get the rest you need to gain a bit of strength to help with your own health issues - I often wish I was a bit nearer to offer some practical help to you.

The best I can do is send you both an enormous bouquet of cyber flowers, in the hope you can imagine how colourful and scented they are!

Best wishes,

Sarah

Archived