My mum sadly passed away

Hello, I didn't know where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place, but my mum Win passed away last night. she was fine the early part of last week but on Thursday, last week, she started to become short of breath, had a cough & her feet were slightly swollen.

My dad phoned the GP but he could only talk to him over the phone  because of the lockdown. GP gave a prescription for penicillin & water tablets as he seemed to think she had a chest infection & he said the water tablets would help with the swelling. 

I had noticed a slight purple tinge to her fingertips over the last few weeks but put it down to her cold hands because she was bright and her usual self.

But on the saturday she was sleeping alot & she was confused & fatigued. The symptoms seemed like a shunt malfunction or another bleed so we phoned an ambulance and they scanned her and all was fine there but we were later told she had partial heart failure? I never even thought there was anything wrong with her heart.

They were giving her intermittent oxygen treatment to get her oxygen levels up but the doctors were saying that everytime they would remove the oxygen mask her oxygen saturation was not being maintained & would drop back down? 

There was no xray of her lungs or heart, no medications to treat the underlying heart condition that she apparently had? They were just focused on getting oxygen into her which they said wasn't working?

On Wednesday they told us they were stopping the oxygen and she would go onto palliative care. They phoned this morning to say she had passed away overnight. My dad was allowed to visit her on Wednesday afternoon and he said she was talking and recognised him immediately. I spoke with her on the phone on Tuesday and although confused she was talking.

We asked the doctor how could she die so suddenly when she seemed brighter but they told us it was some throat medication they had put her on which was making her alert???

We cannot get our heads around why she died when heart failure can be treated although not curable? It was so hard not being allowed to be by her side.

I will be reading some of her posts on here. I would see her sitting there typing away, laughing & smiling. she enjoyed this site so much & it helped her alot after her sah

Sarah

• Sad 12

Oh my goodness Sarah, I'm just so shocked to hear that our lovely, funny and beautiful Win has passed away.

Win was a big part of our little online family ....I'm going to miss her so very much Sarah and I just don't have the words .... I know how much she loved you, Al and Tilly and I send you all my love and sincere condolences .... she was one heck of a lady! ❤️ xxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sarah I am also devastated to read your news about Winnie's passing.

Winnie was such a great 'online' friend to me personally since we met 5 years ago and as Karen says she is so well liked by everyone here on BTG with her own incredible sense of humour.

Her encouraging words to everyone ..'Think happy thoughts and keep singing ' will never be forgotten, and her frank insights into her childhood years with her family as she grew up were lovely to read.

Thoughts and sincere sympathies are with all your family especially you, Al and Tilly.

Subs

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Oh no Sarah, devastated by your news. My sincere condolences to you all.

Win was a member of this forum who always brought a laugh and a smile to me, and her singing, well. 

She will most certainly be missed on here.

God bless you all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Oh! I am SO sorry to hear this Sarah, my thoughts are with you at  such a sad time...

In my down days she certanally did put a smile on my face, and loved her for that she will be so sorely missed for sure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh My Sarah - so very very sad to hear this - in fact, I'm gutted.  Your mum never failed to put a smile on my face with her posts, her wit, compassion and her positive attitude - and most definitely her singing.

She was a huge part of BTG and she will be greatly missed.  As Karen says, she was one heck of a lady.  Sending you all so much love and many, many hugs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh Sarah, such very very sad news. God bless our lovely Win, who gave so much joy and made so many smile. 

So sad & gutted too.  She will be missed so very much by us all. 

Thoughts are with you, sending much love to you, Al & Tilly xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh Sarah, I’m so sorry about your lovely mum. 

She leaves a huge hole at BTG and I’ll so miss her cheer and optimism that she often shared with us here. 

She was one of the shunt gals gals and I Loved my ‘Mrs O’ chats in the green room, she even changed her picture to Mrs O. She was a special brave lady and so proud of you, her Al and of course Tilly. 

take care in the coming days. Let the tears flow.  Let us know if practically there is anything we can try and Help with as her community of online friends.

I guess The singing just got a whole lot louder where she is now. They are blessed.  Will miss you Win. 💕

Im just editing to add , this from one of Win’s posts in 2016 

“Be Well, smile and sing (My answer to everything) !!” 

• Like 10

Sarah so sorry about your mom she was a wonderful person who will never be forgotten she was always there to make people happy when they were down she could always make me smile xxx

• Like 5

Sarah, I’m so so sorry to hear this sad news.

Over the years dear Win gave me such strength and lots of laughter, through some very difficult times.

Heaven has gained a truly amazing bright star.

I shall sing out loud for you lovely Win.

Much love and great big gentle hugs to you all

SarahLou  Xx

• Like 7

Sarah I just can't find the words to say how shocked and totally devastated I am to hear that your wonderful mum, our wonderful Win has passed away so suddenly.

Win was a beautiful person both inside and out, she was always so upbeat and full of fun, she always managed to make me smile no matter what sort of day I was having, I sing all the time now ( Winnie's orders ) she was right, it does make you happy.

I used to get wrong off her because when I had baked a cake and mentioned that I had, she always wanted a piece, I would have loved to have made her a cake.

Win was loved so much by us all at BTG, this is really going to take some time to come to terms with.

Sending love and gentle hugs to you all at this very sad time.

Love

Michelle xx 

• Like 4

Dear Sarah,

My deepest sympathy on your loss...Your mom was a source of smiles and comfort to so many here on this site.  I could imagine her singing, and it would make me smile...I am so very sad to read this news...Although we have never met, I live in the USA....somehow some way we connected, she made my burden a little less...

I hope as you read all these words above about her you can find a tiny bit of comfort in knowing she was so loved.   I wish you and your family peace at this difficult time, not being able to be with her must be so difficult...

Hugs to you and yours Sarah.

xx Jean

• Like 4

Win R.I.P you will be missed by everyone who knew you thanks for coming into our lives and making them brighter. 

Me Garry and Shayne clapped for win aswell last night so sad xxx

• Like 5

Sarah, I am so very sad to hear that your lovely Mum has passed away, you must be devastated - my thoughts are with you.

Reading all these tributes has brought a tear to my eye as I too will remember Win as a lady with a great heart, a fabulous sense of humour and an infectious singing voice.  

She was a remarkably strong person for recovering so well after her sah with all the added problems that she encountered along the way which you bravely shared with us at the time.  Then we met Win on here and she became one of the family and kept us all entertained with her upbeat attitude.

She will always bring a smile to my face as I remember her posts in the Green Room, she will be missed by us all.

Love to you and your Dad,

Sarah x

• Like 7